Man. Steering Rebuild

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Anyone know of a source for a rebuild kit manual steering on a 63 Impala ,where is the casting # at so I can get the right kit. 63 Impala, thinking its a Saginaw box

Kaycee

Well Known Member
:gamer:ebaySomebody STEER me in the right direction :winnerTook it all apart and cleaned it up evrything looks good would like to change the seals and run it What kind of oil should go back in this manual box?

Kaycee

Well Known Member
We dont have no corn , I was looking at those from rock auto they want the core so I need to find out where fed-ex is around here .

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
That same company rebuilds 1961 to 1964 original ( probably other years) power steering control valves ( better than overseas new control valves).
I got mine exchange from Advance Auto parts ( they come with a warranty). Replaced a rebuilt one from them, had a pin hole in it.
Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
So after tearing my steering box apart and cleaning everything up and giving a look see at everything it looked pretty good. I put a couple new seals in and reset the bearing pre- load and the freeplay with some good lucas grease and the new pit man arm she drives nice and straight. I was able to get rid of alot of my loose steering .Was able to get it out on the road today and am very happy of the way it drives now. :winner