Many Many Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Fantastic

Thanx Phil............you rock!!! :bow
What a great event........the cars, the people, the cars, the banquet, the cars, the dyno runs, the cars, the hotel's free happy 2hour, the cars, the show in the lot, the cars, the hotel's free breakfast, the cars, the people, the cars, the mile 348/409 signs, the cars, and oh yes did I mention the cars..... :clap :clap

Imagine an event where some people fly in from Finland, take a bus from Syracuse NY, drive from Washington state and some other far away places and you've got our convention.

Let's see I got to meet and talk with Hayden Proffitt, was on the bus that got lost on the way to Day Automotive, talked to Tony Shaeffer (btw he likes Champions) watched DQ blast off from the same stoplight twice and both times he let up cause he thought Iwas a cop........DQ that '62 really leaves in a hurry.
Met some great, great people and a couple (Al&Brenda) that live about 45 mins from us.
Met Jim and his buddy from Barrie, Ontario (also about 45 mins from us)....really really nice 62 rag top Jim.
Out table at the banquet had TomK and Tom O.......nice to meet you guys, Jim and his buddy that looked like Martin Sheen from Barrie Ontario, hope to see you two at a local cruise sometime and gearhead409 and his buddy Jim ('63 Bust Out) who owns the car that inspired me to build a 63 BelAir........saw it at GoodGuys in Columbus....thanx Jim............what a great bunch. :hug
Did I mention the cars........... :cheers :cheers :cheers

Bob, we just got in, I'll be sending you a bunch of shots via email as I'm sure many others will.....you can pick and choose to make up a great album of the convention.

To all the people my wife (Lynda) and I met.......a great big 348/409 hello from Ontario and let's hope we get everyone (including you Bob) at Phil's next big go.

BJ :cheers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm still not home yet but there are several people I need to thank. I took my car to Kansas City International Raceways on Wednesday night for the test and tune and busted one axle and twisted the other badly. :doh I know... I need to upgrade to a set of Aubrey's axles :takethat Anyway, we changed the axles in the parking lot during the car show. We got plenty of help and the job actually turned out to be alot of fun. Ray, (fatride) let us use his jack and stands. Other guys lent us stuff like a carpet to lay on etc. and Don (DOND) came up with a few helpful hints. :clap By the way we managed to do the entire job without spilling any oil onto the pavement. And yes, we had to drop the centre section and pull it apart in order to drive the broken chunk of axle out. I'll post some pictures when I get home.
The biggest THANK YOU has to go to Phil and his right hand man Brad. :beerbang Despite being extremely busy running the convention they took the time to dig up a set of axles and drop them off.
I also gotta thank DQ for lending me a helmet so that I could go racing in the first place and Fred and his racing partner Dean brought some really cool movies that we watched on the bus on the way to Tony Shafers shop. These were there old home movies that were taken in the sixties and copied onto DVD. This was a great event and as they say... "A good time was had by all"

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yeh BJ,,,,, The stains are still in my seat !!?? :eek:

That white Buick sure looks like a cop car in the rear view mirror just after launch !!!

And Jim,,,,, I`m still working on getting that rear grease out of my helmet !! :roll

Jim`s convert is WAY faster then it looks and wait till he gets tires that stick !!!

The kodak moment was all the people sitting in lawn chairs behind his car watching him work !!

Another extremly nice car is Rays (fatride) `60 Impala. What a gorgeous ride !!,,dq

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Kodak Moment

dq,here's your Kodak moment ( oil4kids ) captured that moment these photo's came out of his convention photos,also he got a good photo ot fatride's 60 :cool:

Great work Jim and Ray outstanding looking vehicle's :clap

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 40