Mason Dixon Rocking Chair 2024

88m5

Well Known Member
Hi everyone

I am going to head up the return of the Rocking Chair 348-409 event for this upcoming year. The date should be June 29th 2024? I have to talk to Gary Gore and he is good to go and I have also talk to Al Loy for some advice and what he did for making this event successful. I am still in the planning stage so advice or question you have feel free to respond

Thanks

Chris Acostar

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'd like to point out that is in the Paul ( 409RACER )and Caroline Galvin neighborhood. We might as well inscribe the trophy now. LOL! Something tells me they know that track well.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The race in Iowa the last 2 years weren't in Bryan or Scotts ballpark......Cedar Falls...Scott 1st...Bryan 2nd..first time at the track for both. This year Tri-State Bryan 1st Scott second...it's the nut behind the wheel that rules the track. I know who I'd bet on......

Edited.

Last edited:

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
We were there multiple times, always enjoyed the event and seeing friends. However, a few things to remember. In the past they have limited our cars to 1/8th mile, while most other classes were running 1/4. Also, they do a lot of other stuff early in the day before the time shots begin, which makes it a longer day then necessary. It also is tough since it is one day only. However, it is a decent track and they usually have a decent show car and spectator attendance.

Last edited:

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
June 24th is a Monday, some of us still work for a living! Not that the 348/409 gang needs spectators, but the place will be dead I would think on a Monday.
Jeff

88m5

Well Known Member
I am definitely not having a great day. The event is the the 22nd with the 23rd as the rain date.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Since I go back to 1963 a drag race is a quarter mile in my mind. In our style cars the guy or girl who wins is usually the one who has the quick, consistent reaction time and whose car is consistent. That being said the driver and the car should be just as consistent on the starting line and at an 1/8th mile as at a 1/4. I'll be there which ever distance the track allows us to run. I might add we have requested 1/4 mile in the past and the track turned us down.

I'm usually a first round runner up since I'm old and I have no talent or skill in either of those categories that makes for a winner. I just love driving the car and as Scott said "But it’s the people that make all the group races fun." :cheers

88m5

Well Known Member
Eastern Regionals 348-409 and some X-frame Friends Rocking Chair Mason Dixon Dragway Boonsboro Md. We will be running a bracket style race and welcoming stock cars also. The only electronics allowed are trans brakes, two steps and line locks. No grids, delay boxes or automatic shift devices. As of right now we’ve got $2500 in prize money and working on more.
There will be 30.00 entry fee that I will collect and a 24.00 Tech Fee. The dates is 22 June (Saturday) and the 23rd (Sunday Rain Date)
If you plan on attending the event please let me know and also if you have questions feel free to contact me.
cell: 3019807641 or email: 88e28m5@gmail.com
I would thank Bryan Fugate , Dick MacKenzie, Al Loy And Gary Gore for helping me organizing this event.

Chris Acostar
See less

Attachments

• easter regional 348-409.jpg
    easter regional 348-409.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 11