Maybe next week....

RussC

Well Known Member
Here's a picture taken at the Grovewood Tavern in Cleveland. Eddy Anderson part owner of the "63" on the left, Chuck Zingale , Parts Mgr at Jackshaw on the right, and me , with no such accolades View attachment 65482

If you get a chance ask Ed if he remembers how the car was equipped before they converted it...engine& trans?

Thanks...Russ

409envy

Well Known Member
Russ,
Any idea what they ran for an induction system since the car obviously did not come equipped with the cowl induction air cleaner? I remember seeing the blue hood scoop in some of your earlier pictures but that would not have been present on the earlier version of the car, correct?

RussC

Well Known Member
The car was built with forced induction...flexible ducting running from the headlights to the carbs. There didn't seem to be a phylum box...rather the hoses attached directly to the carbs. The first version..Jackshaw and Tornado never had a scoop. The blue scoop came later

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
I'll probably see Ed at the annual get together next month. I will get what ever info I can from him. He did tell me the car came off the lot.
Walter Jackshaw was a very generous man, and probably helped along the way. Ed knew a lot of people, including the Detroit guys in charge
of racing, which helped in obtaining all the necessary parts.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'll probably see Ed at the annual get together next month. I will get what ever info I can from him. He did tell me the car came off the lot.
Walter Jackshaw was a very generous man, and probably helped along the way. Ed knew a lot of people, including the Detroit guys in charge
of racing, which helped in obtaining all the necessary parts.
Thanks. REALLY RUSS!!!! HAVEN'T I TAUGHT YOU ANYTHING?????????
Buy a plane ticket to the event and meet Ed in PERSON!!!!!!!! You will have a lifetime of memories and information on YOUR car!!!!!!!
Seriously!!!!!!
Geez......if you need some cash I can float you a small loan for a year!!!!!

RussC

Well Known Member
In 1963 things were done a little differently. You made do with what you had. Much of the work on our car was done with a cutting torch. That's what was available...that worked...it was good enough for a race car

Check out my homemade low oil light. Probably could have bought the trailer clearance light from Western AutoIMG_0704.JPGIMG_0705.JPGIMG_0704.JPGIMG_0705.JPG

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
Tom,, I don't think so. He told me that he's still in the same house in Euclid, Ohio since the 60's. Before that I don't know.

I'll post the date and place, of this years get together, when I hear. Last year it was down the street from the Jackshaw dealership.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Russ, it would be more functional if you screwed it to the top of the dash so you don't miss it, Maybe move the tach up there too.:cool::cool:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Russ....can't fund your thread where you were asking about an NOS LR quarter molding in white. I found you a pair tonight for $1250 on Ebay. You get the real rare LH that you need and then you will have a spare RH like everyone else that you can sell for $250!!!!
Just thinkin' of you ole buddy!!!!!