MD Rocking Chair Nationals 2019

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
A big day for "Golden Girl"! She ran in the 12's and "Got Air"! Zoom and look at the air under the left front tire. It took me 9 years to do this and with now the new rebuild IT HAPPENED. A great day with all the racers and family at the Rocking Chair Nationals in Hagerstown, MD.View attachment 71845
You’ve earned it Mark great job buddy can’t wait to see that 12 second run.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
A big day for "Golden Girl"! She ran in the 12's and "Got Air"! Zoom and look at the air under the left front tire. It took me 9 years to do this and with now the new rebuild IT HAPPENED. A great day with all the racers and family at the Rocking Chair Nationals in Hagerstown, MD.View attachment 71845
You could slip a piece of paper under the right tire too!

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Word on the street is whoever cut the .005 is just bad at red lighting! :teehee

The first really long conversation I had with Allen George was in Kansas. He showed me his reaction time which was pretty good. I pulled our my run ticket which was a typical 17.35. seconds. I said look at here, I got a .001. He said that it was no good as that was the same as a red light! Ha! I'll never forget it.

Silent Sam

Supporting Member 1
Another exciting weekend with the group down at Mason-Dixon. Lots of laughs when
Phil and Dennis are around. The New York Shaker is simply beautiful, great job Dennis.
I was honored to meet Wally Bell, he is a total class act. I had a tire rub and go down
after the first pass and I would like to thank Paul Gavin, Scott Hall, Mark Steele and
especially Mike Steele for helping me retrieve the car from the return road.
Can't wait to see everyone again at 42.
Tom Geib

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
After 35 years of owning and racing a 409 car, I do not have one anymore. (huge mistake selling it) I can say it's been an honor to race with my friends over the past few decades. to have a 348 or 409 in the lane next to me is a pleasure. however, I owe an apology. in 2017 I was approached and invited to run my white 63 with the group. I questioned it and was told it was voted yes to ask me. I suppose I should have declined but the thought of being with such great folks and cars was too much to deny. later in the day as I was winning I had fears that I may take home a W trophy with a BBC. I asked one of the most respected racers "what should I do?" his reply was "win".....so luckily I did. I was invited again in 2018 and went but just stunk the place up by giving the stripe to a young man in a red 62 sedan after I treed him and feared I'd run under. then it rained out. for 2019 I inquired and was invited to participate so I showed up and as luck would have it began to go rounds. by now you know the outcome. few have made it known to me it's not a level playing field with a flat block in the mix and I agree. I'm going to miss it next year, but fair is fair. thanks, Bob

I agree with what I wrote with the exception of the apology. this race was hosted by Al and if I am invited again, (which I doubt will happen now) I will enter and my best advice to you is to enter and win it. we are putting on a show for the fans in the seats. they have no idea the angle of my block. they just see what they think is a Z11 and they like it. I retract any apologies I may have made. I was asked if I wanted to run with the group. my reply was "they wont let me". the response was "the drivers voted OK".

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I didn't get to go this year so I missed out on all this "Drama".Sorry that I missed seeing Bob and everybody else.I can see both sides ,but IF I was racing ,I wouldn't care who was in the other lane.I'm gonna be slower,but you've still got to catch me without breaking out.