me and my car

garey

Hey guys thanks for letting me join,i am from Brisbane Australia and my wife and i own a 1961/348 Impala will try to add a couple of pics for you,we have had the car 7/8yrs,and have added rack and pinion steering,disc brakes and a few other improvements,have just had the motor out for a rebuild and i redone the engine bay etc.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 76

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Garey. Get in , sit down , buckle up , Keep your arms and legs inside and hold on !!
Enjoy the ride !!!:clap:clap:bow
:driver:driver:burnout
:crazy:cheers

garey

thanks guys,the rack is a uni steer product the reason i went for the rack is the old power ram was good no leaks etc but you where always correcting yourself driving down the road so i looked at the 500/600 steering boxs but you still have an idler etc so went with the rack,was an easy fit but for some reason there hoses didn,t fit so had to get them made but you can cruise the hi way and steer it with just the tip of your finger,i think it was a good improvement,also when i did the disc brakes i ran separate front and rear brake lines,i just installed a offset mounting system for the brake booster to clear the rocker covers wasn,t cheap by the time it gets to Australia but it made the brake pedal a lot better.there,s not much on the car i haven,t replaced done everything also put a 2into 1,2,1/2 inch exhaust works and sounds real good,interior is orig paint not was done well before i got it,i took all the seats out earlier in the year removed all the sound deadening carpets,cleaned all the floors repainted the floors and installed new underfelt and carpets.had nothing to do one day so stripped the spot light out and cleaned and linnished the shafts rewired them all so they work perfect,haha just me have to have things right or it annoys me what about you guys?