Happy Birthday! Mearl

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I've been duck hunting in Stuttgart, Arkansas. Lots of rice paddies, if you can believe that :).

I bet your guide will be a wooly guy who also doubles as the Mayor and the local Taxidermist. That's who took us out in the canoes :).

Have fun!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You'll have a good time down there Mearl. We will need a report. Are you hunting rice fields or flooded timber? I've hunted north of there at Walnut Ridge. Lot's of mallards and pintails.

Our Victoria secret guide had a beard and hadn't bathed since Spring. Have you ever had the pleasure of whiskey breath coming through a duck call at dawn?

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dave,
Walnut ridge is right down the road from where I live. I don't know what this hunt consists of yet. We were scheduled for skeet shooting this afternoon, duck hunt tomorrow morning, quail tomorrow afternoon and duck again Monday morning. The quail hunt has been replaced with a goose hunt because it's so wet there. I'll try to sneak some pictures of our guides.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Walnut Ridge, Hoxie, and we stayed at Jonesboro once, just a few days before the shooting.

Sounds like fun. I bet they'll have beer after the hunt even though it's a dry county.

Old joke.....do you know how to tell when you're in a dry county? Every pickup has a cooler in the box.