Meltdown Drags

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Coming up fast.
Had plans for two car but was just running low on James (if you know what I mean) so going to leave the Charger at home and just have so tuning fun with the BA409.
The nice thing about this race is that you can't get put out the first round witch I seem to be getting good at.
If you didn't pre register and live close come by and watch.
There will be night racing.

These guys pour there souls into this race and what it to be like cars of the 1966 era.

Entry #88 will be there 20160608_175323.jpg
#87 will not20160103_161306.jpg
Hope to see some of you there.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car is doing good. Just not my kind of event to run at for various reasons.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'm signed up, got to get some different wheels.............:winner:winner:winner:winnermine are too shiny........:crazy:crazy:dunno:dunno:dunno

Anyone have a great idea on what to use to cover up my raised white lettering on my tires??? Within reason, of course.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Black Sharpie marker will dull down the white. If you're getting new wheels and using the same tires, white letters in?:D

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi Jim

White letters are on front. I'll probably put the slicks I have on now on the new rims I have to run at Byron, and put a new set of slicks on the wheels I usually run. Mary's birthday is next month:winner

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Jim

White letters are on front. I'll probably put the slicks I have on now on the new rims I have to run at Byron, and put a new set of slicks on the wheels I usually run. Mary's birthday is next month:winner

What do them new wheels look like Dave..........
:pics

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have 15X7 steel wheels on the back of my car (I call them wagon wheels) they can be hard to find but they were on my trailer and I needed 15X6 forit and have had a hard time finding them.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
They don't like the new steel wheels i showed them and I ain't going to spend $350 bucks for a one time use of wheels i won't use otherwise to please them. That will buy me a new barrel.

I'm out.

Was looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What could they not like? Do you have any pics or examples of what they don't like about them?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Seriously? What a bunch of wankers.

They make the rules. They said I could bring my car up to show...........ain't much of a show guy..............:happy:happy:guitar:guitar:flag:flag I guess I go to a shooting match instead......:guns:guns:guns:guns:gunsNot the kind of shootings that have been on the news lately either.