Meltdown Drags

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I run Weld Drag lite on my charger so I just drilled them and put a full moon covers over them.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
These guys are trying hard to make it look like 1966.
It is 3 days of fun drags no dial ins just heads up racing and every one is a winner.
By far the best vintage show on the planet.
If you haven't been to it you should put it on your bucket list.
It is one show that I will not miss.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
And I have to miss it :(. Will be in good ol' Cleveland visiting Mom and some high school buddies.

At least the BA409 car will be there :).

Dave (the Crusher): We should try to meet up later this summer at one of those Indiana gatherings :).

Cheers!
TomK

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
:burnout:burnout:burnoutI plan on next year.

Tom

I'm leaning toward the September race so I can go pick on the old Cheezee Head..................:crazy:drive:drive

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave you can use my Moon covers on your race wheels.
If you have the slicks screwed on, the covers have holes or can be drilled to match your wheels.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave you can use my Moon covers on your race wheels.
If you have the slicks screwed on, the covers have holes or can be drilled to match your wheels.

I appreciate the offer James, but I cancelled the other day with them. It seems if I try to rush things, it turns to crap, so I'll plan on next year. Going shootin instead.................

Last edited:

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The sister show, Hunert Car Drag Race, stated making exceptions on wheels and what not couple of years ago. That show is a ghost town now. Now where near the turn out of the Meltdown. Last time I went to the Hunert Car, they let a 69 Camaro race. Got to stay pure to the timeline for this to work and not turn into something modern.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Just some updates I got my ass handed to me by every Ford I paired with in Super Stock class but most all of them had big stroker engines.
And had one close race with a beautiful Pontiac Ventura 421
Hope to get some videos up soon.
And models that old man with the white 62 gave me good old fashion schoolin also but no one could knock the smile off my face.
This is one race I will not miss.