Memorial Day

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sent to me by another Vietnam Vet.

Gone but never forgotten.

At the 1st commemoration of Memorial Day, President James A. Garfield addressed participants who helped decorate graves at Arlington National Ceremony:
“We do not know one promise these men made, one pledge they gave, one word they spoke, but we do know they summed up and perfected, by one supreme act, the highest virtues of men and citizens. For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.

Hand Salute, all.
Dave

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Happy Memorial Day, It's a somber time, but one full of gratitude. This is the day we regard our combat veterans who didn't come back. I wish there was a way to communicate that gratitude to each and every one of them, but as long as we make a major priority of keeping America free and America great,we fulfill our obligation to them and everybody else. The last 13 years that I worked for the City of Los Angeles at the downtown shop, I rode the Metrolink commuter train from Covina to Union station. Along that route, there is a VFW hall with a small lawn and a parking lot that faced the street on the other side of the building.They had functions and observations quite frequently, they seemed to be a rather active post. One thing that impacted me each time I saw it was the sign on the building that read,"All gave some, some gave all". To those who gave all, thank you for your service,one and all.