Merry Christmas to 348/409 community

Gulf-Porsche21

I’m a newbie to this site, so as Austin Powers said, “Allow myself to introduce...myself.”
I’m a car enthusiast, criminal defense attorney who loves history and 60s-80s music. Grew up playing with Hot Wheels beginning around 1969 at age 6 and loved cars ever since.
After working myself too hard for much of my life, about 12 years ago, I decided it was time to have a real hobby. Long story short, I drove a Porsche Boxster S and was hooked. This eventually led to buying, driving and selling too many Porsches of many types. I also pursued high performance road course driving (DEs) for years and eventually became a PCA Porsche DE driving instructor. Still addicted to Porsches today after downsizing most of my modest collection.
Growing up I recall the cars my parents owned, which included a ‘64 and ‘66 Impala and several other cars from that era. I always liked the Impala/Bel Air/Biscayne Chevys. The wide variety of engines and body styles and options appealed to me.
And being a longtime Beach Boys fan has “fueled” my nostalgic side.
Hoping at some point to own a nice, presentable 409. Today I joined 348/409 to learn more about these cool Chevys.
Looking forward to learning and becoming part of the 348/409 community!
Merry Christmas!
Gulf-Porsche21

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome to the site, be aware you can soon be hooked when you get a pulse on the experience that runs through the membership here.

And watch out for Phil, he is most representative of that addiction (and there are others that you will figure out once you read their posts) :) :) :).

We've got an array of drag racers, show car folk, and plain old drivers like mine. Everyone contributes to the best of their ability. Seems everyone is in the midst of a project, whether large or small. Ask a question and you'll get lots of responses, but you get to make any final decision. Of course, we like to "spend your money" as it were, but in the end it's a fun hobby shared by guys (and a few gals) all over the world. If you've never seen a historic right hand drive 1961 Chevy, here's that site :).

Cheers!
TomK