Metal Project: Bench top storage rack

bobs409

Administrator
DSCN4389.jpg

Finished this project up yesterday. This I built to store all those little cut off pieces of material that are too good to throw out! :D

I made this to fit my workbench but because it's not overly large, it may/can be moved elsewhere if desired. (I'm always moving things around to maximize space!!!)

I built this from 3/4 x 1/8 inch angle iron with 16 gauge sheet for the shelf tops. Very strong and will support anything you put on it! :p

The 20 trays are baking pans I got at the local Dollartree store. Can't make these for $1 a piece! I will be adding labels to assist in finding what I am searching for when I get things sorted out.

DSCN4382.jpgDSCN4383.jpgDSCN4385.jpgDSCN4387.jpgDSCN4388.jpgDSCN4390.jpgDSCN4391.jpg

Junky

Well Known Member
Bob,you never disappoint with your projects.
I made this up today.1/2” hard ox plate for the top and 2” box for the legs.It’s pretty rugged.
I painted it Barrett Jackson colors to match my lift.View attachment 91408View attachment 91410

Who has a garage floor that clean and shiny?? Only a OCD car collectors collection!

A big plus is that you never have to worry about running out of meatloaf pans Bob.

Those are bread loaf pans... My wife bakes a lot... actually more than a lot!