MICE

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
we all got 'em, how do you guys deal with 'em...I've found chewed up acorns in my cars so I set sticky traps and snap traps and get my fair share but I know the rest of them are laughing at me...any ideas fellas...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've got spring traps all over, they eat the peanut butter off the cracker and leave the trap still unsprung...sticky traps worked well for the first 5 mice, now they avoid 'em...dunno what to do...mothballs are a myth and the ultra sound machines are not supposed to be worth the money...they eat the yellow bait bars so I know those mice are dead somewhere, i'm hoping it's not in the car...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
we have the same plastic traps called snap traps, they work great when the mice go near them...the yellow bars do a good job but they prohibit me the joy of seeing one suffer while in glue or still kickin while in the trap...I hate the little bastages, disease carrying vermin...

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I've been using Fresh Cab Rodent repelant. I get it at Tractor Supply. It's cedar chips, I think. Smells good and seams to work. Mike's been using dryer sheets with good success. My thought is, using baited traps just keeps attracting more mice. The Cab Fresh and dryer sheets cover up any bait smell and must be unpleasant to the little sobs.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I also have used the dryer sheets with good results. Before I had my own place I used to store my car at a friends in his dirt floor pole barn on his farm over the winters and I would put dryer sheets in it and never had any signs of mice in it.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Dryer sheets here as well. Seem to work pretty good for the indoor cars. Spring traps and a rag tag old barn cat everywhere else. This cat shreds mice. Seen here in one of my parts cars. No floors up front for easy access.
3324A17E-F011-44A6-8FB4-48E44438437C_zpspvnuq1xe.jpeg

59DBC9DB-9E17-4582-B286-C2180C8EC133_zpsxlncv8qo.jpeg

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dryer sheets, moth balls (not in the car, on the floor) and spring traps. They are a pita alright, Carmine.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I’ve had pretty good results with dryer sheets & Irish Spring bar soap.
I have the plastic traps in my shop too.
Don’t like poison due to the horrible smell of a dead animal that crawled in to some hole & died.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't use a cacker on my traps, I place the peanut butter right on the trap metal where some people attach cheese.

I made the bucket and can trap, got two mice and that was it!!!!!!!!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
One little trick I learned for this 1920's farm house is a plain mouse trap with a single fresh peanut super glued to the trap trigger. The whole idea is to get the mouse to move the trigger. If I glued a beer to a trap I know I would catch everyone of you. I have killed entire generations of mice this way. Been a year since i have seen another mouse.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't know which member it was, but didn't someone shoot up their refrigerator with a .45?? That's the guy I would want. Pay him accordingly and have him sit in the garage one night. Put an additional bounty on each one he shoots. "Have Gun-Will Travel". Remember "Paladin"?? On his calling card and just might work again :laughing:laughing:laughing , Carmine.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
I don't know which member it was, but didn't someone shoot up their refrigerator with a .45?? That's the guy I would want. Pay him accordingly and have him sit in the garage one night. Put an additional bounty on each one he shoots. "Have Gun-Will Travel". Remember "Paladin"?? On his calling card and just might work again :laughing:laughing:laughing , Carmine.
Wire San Francisco.....