MICE

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
at this point I have wired each peanut to every trap and put a dab of peanut butter in them...I've put out 6 small traps, 4 rat traps, one plastic snaptrap, and dryer sheets in very cab and trunk...I've also used a dozen yellow bait bars to I hope to make an impact to the bastages population...reports to follow...thanks for all the replies fellas

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have heard some where they put car on high jack stands and put a aluminum pie plate upside down between stand and car . How many cars do you have?

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
8, they really like the el camino...I got mom and 5 babies on my first outing hunting the feckers down...I've found no damage yet but it's only a matter of time...I'm seriously considering going to the pound and getting myself 2 ratters...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've got a metal building and I've done a thorough check, it's tight...they initially were getting in thru the a/c chase but that's been sealed and secure...signs of mice had dropped dramatically since I sealed it up, I'm just dealing with the rest of the generation...I'm thinking they gotta be gettin out for water so I'm gonna crank up the lift and examine the upper roof, it's about 24' tall...they will fall from the trees and look for access up there...

chuckl

Well Known Member
My garage is a hurricane proof steel building that is impossible to mouse/rat proof. Over the years I have tried everything that is listed above. Dryer sheets must be changed often, baiting traps attracts the little SOBs into the shop in the first place, the plastic bottle and water traps are ineffectual over the long run, cats leave their own brand of odor in the car and poisons leave the dead mice smelling in places you can't access. I have found putting balls of cat hair in the wife's old stockings around under the car helps. The mice can smell the cat hair and avoid the area. Also, I you are eating lunch in your shop, the little turds can smell the food and food wrappers in the trash cans. Eat outside the shop.

For me, I have found the answer. I keep the hood and trunk of my 56 Chebby open 24/7. The interior is leather and I am do not want it mouse-eaten. I have installed bright LED bulbs suspended from the hood and trunk brace. Inside the cab of the car (doors closed), I put LED bulbs suspended above the tunnel and between the front seats and the rear seats. On the garage floor, I ran a few LEDs down the center of the car. I have had NO mouse/rat problems since I put the LEDs in a year and one-half ago. Absolutely NONE. The frame no longer has the nests inside. The little bastards do not like bright lights, especially, if the lights are strobing. The lights only burn 5 watts of power.

I guess the little bastards will now show up with HAZMAT suits, gold-plated visors, infrared sensors and lithium ION body scanners. Oh, well, I am already working on possible solutions before I croak. :ebay

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
led's huh, I never would have thought about using them...checked all the traps today, nothing...I don't eat lunch in my shop so food isn't an issue...