MICKEY THOMPSON 409 crossram intake manifold

If your a 409 guy then you know how rare these manifolds are.
I purchased it from a speed shop in CA years ago and stored it for a 409 project in the future
It is in excellent shape and comes with 2 EDELBROCK 1440 carbs and all linkage and fuel lines and oil fill and cap
Carbs have no chokes or flaps. Manifold is Chevy orange but can be brought back to aluminum finish.
I had one of these on my 409 Chevy and it looked cool and ran terrific as well as all of the attention it drew at car shows
I have it listed on various sites and I can be contacted at fm327@aol.com
It appears that only 50 of these were produced back in the day, so this is an extremely rare piece of history
Thanks
Fred

blkss64

Well Known Member
So it would be interesting to know who owns the rights to M/T speed parts. I think Holley or who ever owns Holley now has the rights to reproduce the M/T valve covers, at least they used to be listed in the Holley catalogs.
Cooper tires bought the M/T tire and wheels back in 2003. They have a M/T tire and wheel website still up and running.
Probably not cost effective to ever recover the dollar investment but a lot of wow factor on reproducing the cross rams for most popular engine applications of the day. Plus not to mention, better , newer design manifolds now on the market.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Didn't someone polish one a while back? Maybe Dennis from FLA? I thought maybe Paul S. purchased that one?

They actually don't look too bad painted Chevy Orange... but I prefer the original look :).

And what did that small port M/T crossram end up going for? Maybe that's what he's going off of...

AK-Guy

Well Known Member
Seeing what McQuillen is doing with the Z12 heads and his intake designs, it would be nice if he could perfect a cross-ram intake for 660/583 heads as well as his Z12 heads. Just thinking out loud.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Didn't someone polish one a while back? Maybe Dennis from FLA? I thought maybe Paul S. purchased that one?

They actually don't look too bad painted Chevy Orange... but I prefer the original look :).

And what did that small port M/T crossram end up going for? Maybe that's what he's going off of...
Yep, it was Dennis right before he got married, I went over too his home and the MT crossram was on his kitchen counter :drinking

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Yep, it was Dennis right before he got married, I went over too his home and the MT crossram was on his kitchen counter :drinking
Yes I did buy a original polished M/T 409 cross ram that was in the for sale section. It’s for the 690 heads and has carb linkage with it, and was professionally polished.
It was in the fair price ranges noted above. It was not from Dennis in Florida.

It came from Marvin B. from Canada. He is no longer a member here. He had the MT on a 409 street rod or has a MT on his street rod ( I think it was green, 30’s Ford 2 door with the large rectangular 1/4 windows)

I am planning on using the M/T on my blue 62 Impala SS Hardtop with the 409 stroker motor.
I am going to in January 2019 bolt it to my extra 62 409 ( 8068)truck block and 690 heads to test fit the M/T intake & M/T linkage on 2 new 750 cfm Edelbrock carbs. The 8068 - 62 truck block came from Tom K. , who also sold me a Eagle stroker crank and new stroker pistons( from another Member here through Tom).

Paul

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes I did buy a original polished M/T 409 cross ram that was in the for sale section. It’s for the 690 heads and has carb linkage with it, and was professionally polished.
It was in the fair price ranges noted above. It was not from Dennis in Florida.

It came from Marvin B. from Canada. He is no longer a member here. He had the MT on a 409 street rod or has a MT on his street rod ( I think it was green, 30’s Ford 2 door with the large rectangular 1/4 windows)

I am planning on using the M/T on my blue 62 Impala SS Hardtop with the 409 stroker motor.
I am going to in January 2019 bolt it to my extra 62 409 ( 8068)truck block and 690 heads to test fit the M/T intake & M/T linkage on 2 new 750 cfm Edelbrock carbs. The 8068 - 62 truck block came from Tom K. , who also sold me a Eagle stroker crank and new stroker pistons( from another Member here through Tom).

Paul
Dennis put it on his stroker and black 55 project:drinking
mt crossram.jpg