mickey thompson stroker crank ????

carlos.m

Well Known Member
Has any one ever seen one or has one , I ended up buying one like a couple of month ago and it is beutiful to look at, lol, it is a 409 Stroker crank, if I get a chance i'll take a pics of it and posted

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Most stroker cranks were made by welding journals. If done correctly, could be a good piece. But old materials don't compare to newer materials. Unless you're beating it it will be fine. I have a 4 inch welded up stroker with cheek plates for balancing. That goes way back.
Bob

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have an old stroker welded crank somewhere from Joe Reath in CA, anyone in Houston want it?
He was in Long Beach. Met him years ago at his store/shop around 1990-91. He had lots of stories to tell and seemed to like to tell them. I was in there looking for big block stuff. He had a ton of W stuff but I had no interest in that at the time. He had a lot of 409 and welded 409 cranks he wanted to sell. In fact he had a ton of stuff but most was too old school for me, like flat head stuff. I bet I could make a fortune on a lot of that stuff now. He had one story that I always remember. He grabbed some book and opened to a picture of like 4-5 guys standing in front of a race car, probably a bonneville car. He then asked me what was wrong in the picture. I couldn't see anything so he pointed out that one of the guys had his dick hanging out . No shit he did. I wish I could remember the name of the book.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Yep one of my S CA Pontiac buddies in S CA connected me to Joe when he was shutting down his shop. He had known him for years and was helping him get some money for retirement selling parts and knew I was a 409 guy too. Tom Schlauch big into the rare RAV motor stuff has a 63 SD Tempest clone street car bathtub intake dual quads and a stick. I was out there visiting my son and he tossed me in it to drive over to Donut Derelicks in Huntington beach car show while he drove a GTO. Kind of scary jumping in someones nice car you have never driven! And I had not drive a stick on hills in years!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep one of my S CA Pontiac buddies in S CA connected me to Joe when he was shutting down his shop. He had known him for years and was helping him get some money for retirement selling parts and knew I was a 409 guy too. Tom Schlauch big into the rare RAV motor stuff has a 63 SD Tempest clone street car bathtub intake dual quads and a stick. I was out there visiting my son and he tossed me in it to drive over to Donut Derelicks in Huntington beach car show while he drove a GTO. Kind of scary jumping in someones nice car you have never driven! And I had not drive a stick on hills in years!
Do you know if Joe Reath is still alive?