Mid-height water pumps

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
I’ve heard about a “mid-height” water pump that’s between the height of the passenger car water pump and the common tall truck water pump.

Is this actually a thing that exists? What would have been the original application? Does anyone have a part number for or a photo of such a water pump?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I thought I had one but all I can find is the tall one.
The 66 Truck P&A shows 2 different part nos. for 58-59 depending on series and a single part no. for later pumps all series with double bypass.

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
I tried searching using the pump P/Ns listed on the main site, but came up empty handed. For some of the numbers listed as "truck" I actually found photos that had the casting number on a passenger car style housing. So who knows.

buildit

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I have a rebuilt mid height pump that I purchased about eight years ago. Got it from a warehouse in California. The guy said he had a few more but he said they were going to scrap them. It is the HD large impeller truck pump.

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
The latest issue of Rodders Journal (#80) has the following photo on page 154. The pump on the lower right is the one in question. The caption claims it is the "3-1/2 inch taller box truck version".

IMG_5394-2.jpg