Midnight blue "61" Impala

4stew

I wish I had pictures,I actually raced Dyno Don at San Gabriel drag strip the night Don Perdome broke into the 7's I got beat by two carlenths. I used to keep sprial notebook of my street races I can't tell you how many 409's and 406 fords I spanked.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
he only picture I have is a high school newspaper photo, won the High school car show used to clean carbs with tooth brush scrubbed undercarrige and polished fuel lines with semi Crome polish. Loved that car!
Heck we still polish lines and exhaust systems and clean carbs for AACA national events. My area was a bunch of street racing in 61-66 as our local track didn’t open until late 63. There were no 61 409’s in our area but one of the best was a 61 350 with gears and bucrons and was the best for couple years The engine still exists but the original car is long gone.
I always heard that a geared 61 350 was a bad ride compared to 409’s with stock gearing in 61 and 62
Robert

4stew

I ran 4.56s most of the time but also had 4.88s and 5,13s my brother had a 62 siler corvette 360 hp FI we would swap back and forth, could change third member in 15 min. I sold the car after av drag racing ticket lost license 6 months without my parents finding out. So I ordered a 65 Impala SS black on black 396 425hp with 4.88 posi one of the first in cali 13 0s @ 108