Miniature Automotive Items

galland

Wasn't sure if this was the place to put this but it is a hobby of mine. I just signed up yesterday and enquired about dimensions for the 348-409 valve cover. Thought some of you might like seeing some of the other stuff I have done. Just really enjoy making tiny engine items. Gary

IMG_0738.JPGIMG_0744.JPGIMG_0756.JPGIMG_0766.JPGIMG_0279.JPGIMG_0530.JPGIMG_0531.JPG

galland

Thanks guys. Robert, I usually look at photos or the real item and take dimensions off them and use my mill and lathe to make the parts. You also asked about size. The little crank is not scaled to anything, just wanted to make a tiny one. It is about 1 7/8 inches long. Little block not scaled either. Large block is a 1/6th scale small block Chevy (approx. 3 3/4 inch long). Z/28 air cleaner 1/4th scale (3 1/2 diameter). All the emblems are hat or lapel pins I have bought off ebay. Just added the one to the valve cover yesterday. It is suppose to be 1/6th scale but used 396-454 dimensions because could not locate 409 numbers. Gary

IMG_0789.JPGIMG_0791.JPG

bobs409

Administrator
Great to have you onboard Gary! Those are some nice pieces you made. :good

I love the engine block! Would love to make one. Have any measured drawings / plans I can download? :laugh4

Myself and some others on here like machining too. I posted a lot of things I made in the build/project forum. I mostly dabble in tooling related builds.

bobs409

Administrator
I made a spark plug a while back but it only fits BIG BLOCKS! (REALLY BIG BLOCKS) :D

dscn7367-jpg.50195

You can see the build here with more pictures:

http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/metalworking-project-a-big-aluminum-ac-spark-plug.35346/

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wasn't sure if this was the place to put this but it is a hobby of mine. I just signed up yesterday and enquired about dimensions for the 348-409 valve cover. Thought some of you might like seeing some of the other stuff I have done. Just really enjoy making tiny engine items. Gary

View attachment 70538View attachment 70539View attachment 70540View attachment 70541View attachment 70542View attachment 70543View attachment 70544

Just wondering if you plan on stroking this motor? I understand that an additional 1/8 of an inch stroke is extreme in this case but you would have exclusive bragging rights. :good

galland

Thanks for the kind words guys. Bob, Here are some drawing I have used for small block dimensions. Not sure if you will be able to see all dimensions. Mine is not an exact copy, just some thing relatively similar. Not sure if I will get around to putting a crank in it or not. Gary

0996bddf6568c4bf97e5c95690d92b6f.jpgbellhousingproject12.jpgcomplete18degreeMedium.jpgBBCtopCustom.jpg