Minnesota Dragways

Congratulations, Bungy !!!!
Looks like the resurection of a great old facility !

NOW.... if they can do something about the website !.... I'm on a VERY high speed internet connection.... no matter.... that site has WAY WAY WAY TOO MANY gimmicks. The flashing, the animation. just plain slow and annoying.:cuss

But the track, the history:cheers

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm kinda excited. My dad used to race there in the mid 60s with his 65 Impala and 66 L-79 nova. He actually ordered a 409 but was a little too late and got the 396. Traded it next year for the nova. He said he routinely shut done 426 hemis which were in his class. (A/S)

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sounds good and I like the web site, but it doesn't sound like they will be using the old facility, just the name. It's basically just a new business starting up. Hope it does though. NUT

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
A good friend of mine is a huge collector of info and photos from the old dragstrips
from Minnesota, in the twin cities area.
He supplied a lot of the old photos you see on the new minnesota dragways site.
He also has alot of the old newsletters.
He has given me a huge collection of old photos on CD.
I even have a photo from either Minnesota dragways or Northstar dragstrip,
On occaision they would run four cars wide down the strip.
I will see if I can dig up the photo.

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey droptop, I'd love to see any photos of 55s burning up the quarter! IF you have any, please share. :) NUT

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was at a dragstrip in the Twin Cities area in the early seventies but I think it was Northstar.If they got it up and running by next year this could be a pretty good location for some 348/409 club members to get together.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Hey 348NUT,
I will see if I can find some 55 chevs at the old dragstrips for you.
I will post them as I find them.