Miss at idle & at cruise speed

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
yuup!!! exactly whats happening, new lifter soaking in oil over night after I primed it. Going to have to re use my week old intake gaskets, as none are available here in Ont for at least 4 to 5 weeks!! I must have got the last set??? tried every supplier I could think of, all came up "empty" Got a tube of pre assembly lube from place where I got lifter. Get at it in morning!!! keep you posted.

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Drove it to cruise in tonight, 80 to 90 mile round trip, ran much better, slight hesitation still at 55 but nowhere near what it was before, could be a bad plug or cross fire but so slight I can live with it. Will change plugs, maybe try a set of E3's ?????

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Took lifter apart, small "chunk" of ??? [black] carbon??? put it back together,& it seems normal, moves up & down. As for slight hesitation still there I found out by accident [ left manual choke slightly out] that it disappeared & came back when I realized the choke was out, So it's running on the "LEAN" side, richened up carb yesterday & will road test [with screwdriver on board] today.