Missouri motorcycle trip

wristpin

Well Known Member
Left Phil and Candice's house a few minutes ago. Beautiful house and acreage and very sweet Bel Aire 409. Wish we could have spent more time chatting with them both. They are wonderful kind people! I've never seen so many Greek style statutes of young naked boys in one livingroom. Thank you both for making us feel at home.

Last edited:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Left Phil and Candice's house a few minutes ago. Beautiful house and acreage and very sweet Bel Aire 409. Wish we could have spent more time chatting with them both. They are wonderful kind people! I've never seen so many Greek style statutes of young naked boys in one livingroom. Thank you both for making us feel at home.
Phil, I thought you were going to get rid of those. At least that's what DickieMac told me.

wristpin

Well Known Member
All kidding aside, i wish Vicki and I had had more time to visit with Russ, James and Phil. They were all truely wonderful, warm hearted, interesting and the nicest men anyone would hope to meet.

Clint

Well Known Member
Vicki and I stopped in Springfield this morning to see Russ Campbell, his lovely wife and their home and amazing collection. We had a wonderful visit and very much enjoyed meeting them both.
Only problem is that you have to wear a helmet in Missouri

wristpin

Well Known Member
Vicki bought us the lightest DOT helmets sold. Nebraska has a helmet law. With these helmets it's not to bad. Between us and the kids we probably have 10-12 helmets ranging from the ultra light DOT' to the full faces to the racing helmet.

wristpin

Well Known Member
I had a helmet for maybe 15 years. I had it covered in stickers. Loved that helmet. Then the police in Norfolk Ne pulled me over, confiscated the helmet, wouldn't let me take my bike till i had another helmet and presented me with almost $200 in fines.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Only problem is that you have to wear a helmet in Missouri
Lot of meat in this thread!!!!
First, I won't get on the motorcycle without a helment!!!! Took the Emporia, KS exit off I-35 at 65MPH on my 66 Triumph in 1966 playing Ronnie Road Racer and didn't make it corner. Broke my Bell helmet!!!!! That means people like BJ, Don, Wristpin wouldn't have the opportunity to pick on me!!!!!!!!!
Second, thank you for your kind thoughts Barry. That's so nice of you!!!! It's OK....I have broad shoulders!!!!!!
Third...have to get a reply ready for Wristpin!!!!! Might take a while!!!

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm feeling left out, I only live 120 miles East of Russ. We could have toured the Jasper plant.