MKII-MKIV history

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Plane crash

Oil, that crash was plain and simple vertigo. Non instrument rated pilot, night, no horizon. Same thing got John Kennedy Jr. That crash ( the February 3rd, 1959 crash ) changed a lot of rules in general aviation. From that point on, you could not get a commercial license without an instrument rating. I think the pilot only made it 7 miles after take off? The FAA findings are easy to find on that crash.
Your point is well taken, though. It was a long time ago on those engines. I can remember a few things about them, but not much.

Fred

M

MK IISS

JFK was buried at sea?

The MkII is, for the most part, not all that big a mystery. Pun intended. All you have to do is read the words of the men who designed and worked with the engine. However if you are not a rational thinker you may come to irrational conclusions.

I'll give you an example of irrational thinking.

Fran Preve objects to a political discussion on the Off Topic thread...says it will cause problems. Then he is the one that causes the problem with a rant that contains, for the most part, examples of irrational conclusions and just plain false information. Then he blames Bob for his rant. It's all Bob's fault... because Bob didn't pull the plug before Fran could go wacko.