More bodywork pictures on my 58 Project getting closer

ragtp66

Well Known Member
photo 1(24).JPG photo 1(24).JPG photo 2(15).JPG

Some aftermarket panels are so BAD that we ended up hand fabbing the quarter patch panels where the pitchfork trims go . The little pieces at the bottome of the wheel wells and the wheel well lips had to be fabbed as well. The parts of the floor that look like cheetah print are what is left of the original sheetmetal all of the other parts have been replaced, inner and outer rockers, front and rear floor pans, trunk floor, extensions, rear trunk floor where black body mount is was all hand fabbed as nobody repops that part for a 58. Will be going soon for re clean of the metal and EDP coating. Progress is moving along.

Attachments

• photo 2(16).JPG
    photo 2(16).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 60
  • photo 1(19).JPG
    photo 1(19).JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 2(10).JPG
    photo 2(10).JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 1(23).JPG
    photo 1(23).JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 74
  • photo 4(9).JPG
    photo 4(9).JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo 5(6).JPG
    photo 5(6).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 5(4).JPG
    photo 5(4).JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 54

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The skill and knowhow by this forum's members is absolutely amazing. I get pumped when I figure out the smallest of problems....I can not get over the get'er done attitude of the members here!...Amazing!:salute

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Thanks for taking a look guys, sometimes I think and wonder about how many cars in a day rolled off the assembly line and figure out how many cars would have been built in the number of man hours it takes to completely restore one.