More help please!!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I am sure that I am asking for information that has been beat to death on this forum, but I need a quick but good solution to my problem.

I half throttle shifted my 63 Impala from 2nd to 3rd and shaved every tooth from third gear. (1963 dated Borg Warner). Replaced with M-22 from Midwest Muncie. Was going to use stock driveshaft with upgraded u-joints and carrier bearing, but have now discovered that I trashed the drive shaft as well.

The question. Does anyone manufacture a two piece heavy duty driveshaft that I can purchase right away and bolt in and go. I want to get this car on the road for the summer and have the other 63 project draining money. I would like to put in a one piece but, do you have to measure each individual car, or does anyone make one out go the box for use?

Car is a Gibbs stroker with about 550 hp and 535 or so on the torque. Just a driver with no real hard charging planned.

Dennis

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
What did you do to the driveshaft????? If it's OK...just change out the original coarse spline yoke to a fine splint yoke for the Muncie and you are good to go!!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
What did you do to the driveshaft????? If it's OK...just change out the original coarse spline yoke to a fine splint yoke for the Muncie and you are good to go!!
I have the new yoke, poly carrier bearing and Lakewood u-joints ready to go.
Discovered cracked splines on the shaft at the carrier bearing and cracked the u-joint mounting point at the yoke and at differential.
Guess I got a good bite from the tires. When it let go .....it let go

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Go to Inland Empire and get the heavy two piece shaft with the telescopic rear. That's what I run in my 11.60 Impala.

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
I bought one of those Inland Empire drive shafts. $400.00. Was a really good deal, and that was with the billet center bearing.