motor problems

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
cant you get pistons in .068 over? That would save a bit of cylinder wall thickness.

garey

thnx again for all the thoughts on how to fix,just in case the block is r/s anyone have a good block 4 sale?and how much?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I have a std.bore late 1960-early 61 5011 short block,but getting it to OZZ might be problematic.Feel free to pm me.

garey

I have a std.bore late 1960-early 61 5011 short block,but getting it to OZZ might be problematic.Feel free to pm me.
hey don where are you located? i have a shipping agent in Compton L.A that can get it to australia,what sort of dollars do you want?

El Rat

Well Known Member
I bead blasted a zillion pistons over the years. As above tape off the ring lands and media blast away. The nice grey color is a bit of a tuneing tool as well.

garey

update on my engine,took it to a engine shop the motor had to be decked 10thou and re honed crank had to be ground to 20 on the big ends mains where able to be polished out,new rings bearings oil pump and now he is going thru the heads the other guy had wrong spring pressure and didnt seat the valves etc so should be good when i get it back,thnx 4 all the help