Motorcycles

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The Tr6R is one of the prettiest bikes Triumph produced. That blue is beautiful.
...thanx wristpin.....:cool:.....if anyone is interested and can still kick start one of these, PM me your email and I'll send out
the feature sheet I will be using at a vintage bike show this summer.....:)

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm liking that Victory!

I have been away form this site for a bit.... and neglecting the '59 elco. :dunno2
But I just finished my cafe racer! 1976 CB400F.
Before and after pics.

That is a very cool looking Honda Warpt nice job. The neighbor had one rotting away in his garage he never rode it much I tried for years to buy it off him I don't know what ever happened to it. My Brother has a Duc I can't remember the model I think its like a 996 my Nephew has one I think its a 1150 I know its faster than Hell.

Mark

WARPT

Well Known Member
Thanks for the positive comments!
I figured someone would ask which was the before pics and which were the after pics! LOL!

Thanks Mark! Tinkering with bikes, cars & trucks is just something I do in my spare time to stay out of trouble. :brow

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks for the positive comments!
I figured someone would ask which was the before pics and which were the after pics! LOL!

Thanks Mark! Tinkering with bikes, cars & trucks is just something I do in my spare time to stay out of trouble. :brow

You definitely have some nice rides Warpt but I think I have you beat in the bike count I have around 25 bikes thing is all yours run.:D

Mark

WARPT

Well Known Member
AROUND 25?!?!!?!? Holy crap!
I once thought that one could never own too many bikes.
But now I know that is not true.... 'cause they all need something.
Not to mention registration and insurance.
All of mine do run except one. I picked up this '66 XLH last Fall.
I have found the previous owner had no clue what he was doing.
I have replaced many parts to change the look of it. Going to get to the engine real soon.

Attachments

• 20190228_162331.jpg
    20190228_162331.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 17

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Always wanted to buy a old 900 CH but I never did however I did buy one of those Sportys that was made by the people that made bowling pins. Its a 73 Sporty I bought used in 74 it had like 1400 miles on it I put 200 more miles on it and it repaid me with the bottom end seizing up. I had the motor rebuilt I think it might have like 1700 miles on it now. I picked up a 63 FLH about 3 years ago in a bankruptcy auction that came from Arizona that I need to finish.

Mark

wristpin

Well Known Member
Had a '69 XLCH. Previous owner hardtailed it and stripped engine down. Found all the parts in a couple 5 gallon buckets, preserved with rain water. I have a picture of it somewhere. Ran like a banshee after i was done. Sold it to a friend who promptly trashed it.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Had a '69 XLCH. Previous owner hardtailed it and stripped engine down. Found all the parts in a couple 5 gallon buckets, preserved with rain water. I have a picture of it somewhere. Ran like a banshee after i was done. Sold it to a friend who promptly trashed it.

Wasn't 70 the last year before AMF? My buddy had a 69CH. It ran much better than my 70CH.

WARPT

Well Known Member
That's old school. Tough guy doesn't even run a seat.
Yeah... seats are for sissys! That's right... we baaaad... uh huh we bad..... :roll
I had a '60 XLCH ages ago.... kick and kick and kick until I would almost pass out. But when that thing lit I'd better be hanging on tight! Damn near shot out from under me once when I hit 2nd!

I'd sure like to see pics of the '63 FLH!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I also had a 66 XLCH that I bought from guy that won it in a poker game when I was in the Army. Of course it was in boxes, it was all I could afford. However, after a few laughs from family and friends, they stopped when I built it. Because of that bike I have always had a fondness for sporty's, their just too dog gone small for me though.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The CH had a magneto in 69, then in 70 they went to a distributor. If I recall correctly in 71 they went to 1000cc's. I paid $1,640 for my 70 ch in the crate. I just ran into a guy that remembered the dealership in Iowa Falls where I bought it. Kelsey HD. They were on a rock road out in the country in a hip roof chicken house type deal. You sure wouldn't see that today.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The CH had a magneto in 69, then in 70 they went to a distributor. If I recall correctly in 71 they went to 1000cc's. I paid $1,640 for my 70 ch in the crate. I just ran into a guy that remembered the dealership in Iowa Falls where I bought it. Kelsey HD. They were on a rock road out in the country in a hip roof chicken house type deal. You sure wouldn't see that today.

Sounds just about like the dealership where I bought my 74 Triumph Trident Dave it was out in the sticks on a gravel road and not only that the guy was a dick too I don't know how the guy got the dealership. But in 74 that's the year Triumph was on strike and this was the only guy I found that had any Triumphs. You could tell it was built by unhappy employees it just wasn't up to the usual Triumph detail there was a few small parts missing or dicked up but I was desperate to get me a Trident.

Mark

wristpin

Well Known Member
Know of a Trident in a shed. I offered to buy it and he accepted. Then he changed his mind. I'll offer him again soon.