Moving Today

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The guy that built the house I'm leaving in 1978 was very proud of the fact he built it 2 feet higher than the all time flood record of 1961. The house was not in the flood plain. The top ten floods since then varied by just a few tenths. Fast forward to 2008 when the 61 record was eclipsed by 5.5 feet. Now I'm in a flood plain. It's global warming.....polar ice caps melting, bull$hit flowing downstream........ setting in the new place typing this I'm 60 feet higher.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I remember cranking on a couple of those ice cream makers.

yes, remember a few turns on one that size.
Robert

You probably also took turns with brothers, sisters, or other relatives too. Always has to put some salt on the ice so it would melt faster an maybe get cold quicker. I remember what a big deal it was when I saw the first electric one.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Are you saying you have to sell your house pictured first before you build new house. You have a new shop only at present and moved just the shop contents??????:dunno

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Mess kit utensils WW1 vintage . Mfg by A C co. US 1917 I think these are my Grandpa's. They were in with a coffee grinder and the ice cream churn. Anyone remember cranking one of these? Never seen one this size before, I thought they were larger???View attachment 68989View attachment 68990
My grandfather made a platform with a bicycle on it and the crank and chain drove the ice cream maker. Us three kids would fight to crank the ice cream maker. We lived on a farm and our neighbors were dairy farmers. That and my grandfather having fruit trees we would have "real" ice cream made with fresh cream and fresh fruit every Sunday. How I miss those days.