Moving Today

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Came across these pics of my smallest groups I've shot so far.
The first target was shot in Phoenix in 2016 at the Nationals. We shoot eight-ten shot groups in this leg. That is 10 shots in the target with my rail gun at 100 yards for a .132 A guy from Washington, Larry Boers shot a new world record 10 shot group of .095 in that leg to beat me out of 1st place, ISmall Targets.jpg was a close second. Later that week we shot the 200 yard leg and I won that and Larry finished second right on my heels. When you combine the 100/200 you get what is called the Grand Agg and I also won that......gaining me 3 more points towards the NBRSA Hall of Fame.
The middle target is the smallest i have shot with a regular bag gun, 5 shots at 100 yards with my Light Varmit Gun, a .076 The World Record is .0077 and was set in 2013 and probably will never be beaten. That's .0077 larger than the bullet hole.
The 3rd target to the right is my smallest 5 shot group with a Heavy Varmit Gun shot at 200 yards and measured .132 The World Record is .096 set in 2009 and i was a referee at that match and signed the targets certifying they were legally shot.

Last edited:

Hoyt99

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is just a fabulous shop. I have had a chance to RV around the country now that I am retired, and the wide-open spaces and large properties are quite a contrast to Santa Cruz, CA. How great it must be to have all that land and the ability to put up a totally cool shop in your own backyard! I have to almost climb over my motorcycle to get to the 63 Impala I am working on.

What a great and different perspective. Congratulations on a beautiful garage and shop.

Chip

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That is just a fabulous shop. I have had a chance to RV around the country now that I am retired, and the wide-open spaces and large properties are quite a contrast to Santa Cruz, CA. How great it must be to have all that land and the ability to put up a totally cool shop in your own backyard! I have to almost climb over my motorcycle to get to the 63 Impala I am working on.

What a great and different perspective. Congratulations on a beautiful garage and shop.

Chip

Thanks for the kind words Chip. Got married in 72 and in 76 I put in a used 14X70 moblie home up the road a quarter of a mile from where i am now. Didn't have much money, but i did have enough for the down payment at the bank for the trailer, a 1970 Kenwood. Bought an acre of ground from a farmer friend on contract. Went to the well driller and sewer guys and worked out paying them. Did some dirt work with my Dad's TD20 dozer. Got the trailer ready to move my self, got it in place and did all the leveling, hooking stuff up, ect. myself. The next year i tore down Dad's house and built me a 24X40 garage out of the lumber, bought very little materials. Bought a bunch of cement and used our own sand and rock and poured the concrete for the garage with borrowed mixers and some friends one weekend. Burnt wood for 9 years, my back still hurts as i split most by hand. Moved to the A-frame in 86 and the only reason we left there was flooding caused by increased population. I am lucky to be able to have a shop like this. I've worked pretty hard my whole life and now it time to treat myself......plans are to retire this year.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bought a new 12x56 Wellington in Dec. of 1966. Candy's father was an electrical engineer and the following summer, we put in central AC!!!!! That was a blessing!!! 7 year loan on the trailer and another 3 year loan on the AC.
THAT WAS THE CHEAPEST LIVING WE EVER HAD!!!!!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Friggin river. Supposed to come up another foot and start going down tomorrow pm. I'll have about 2.5 feet to spare and the weather report looks good. Hope no one looks at the house for a few days. You can see the water almost up to the railroad tracks in the first pic.IMG_20190317_183406364_HDR.jpgIMG_20190317_183303127_HDR.jpg