Moving Today

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I know what a shooting table is but I'm thinking those random length bars have to be cut to length? Is that a table and seat combo?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not sure I know what I'm looking at.

Cardboard tubes called Sono tubes go over the rods. Fill with concrete. Then they are the legs for the shooting table top. I took a pic of the top but it was too big of a gbchgnfunking file to download. How the gixxdaxxm fucxxing hxell all of a sudden these fuxfking modern convensiouncee screw up. Every other pic I have taken with this phone has downloaded fine.:pan:pan:pan:pan

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The guy that owned the bowling alley bought this model Commander Crushing Plant when he use to work at Iowa Manufacturing in Cedar Rapids, Iowa back in the 50's. I said to him once that if he ever wanted to sell it I would be interested. About a year after he passed away his daughter came into the office and asked if i would come out side to speak with her mom. She was sick and not doing well. She had this model with her and handed it to me as I used to bowl with her husband and we were friends. I asked her what I should pay her for it and she replied, it is a gift. I about crapped myself as this was worth 12 to $1,300 20 years ago. There were a few things broken on it and I found a guy in Nebraska where I got parts. My shop is getting full. It's kind of like a history book out there. Lots of good memories.Commander Plant.jpg

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The guy that owned the bowling alley bought this model Commander Crushing Plant when he use to work at Iowa Manufacturing in Cedar Rapids, Iowa back in the 50's. I said to him once that if he ever wanted to sell it I would be interested. About a year after he passed away his daughter came into the office and asked if i would come out side to speak with her mom. She was sick and not doing well. She had this model with her and handed it to me as I used to bowl with her husband and we were friends. I asked her what I should pay her for it and she replied, it is a gift. I about crapped myself as this was worth 12 to $1,300 20 years ago. There were a few things broken on it and I found a guy in Nebraska where I got parts. My shop is getting full. It's kind of like a history book out there. Lots of good memories.View attachment 70463
That's just cool! That's something that you will treasure when you can't scoot around on your own.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
30 yards away from house. A few minutes later it came by going the other way carrying a calf leg.IMG_20190525_201524902.jpg

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That's what the farmer and Mary said Pat. I saw the coyote the night before and thought about bringing a rifle in but didn't. 20 years ago I would have been all over it, not so much today. Besides, the dog looked like a conservative. ....Seems like life means more than it used to. She was a nice blonde color and I figured she was taking the leg back to the den to feed her pups. We watched the cow give birth a few days ago. In talking to the farmer he said she probably had twins and neglected to take care of this one. The coyote didn't kill the calf he thought. He says twins do much better at the yard at his farm. Mamma pays more attention there than in a big pasture.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It was dusk but makes no difference Ray. Nothing wrong with your thoughts though. But that being said, someone that shoots a frozen turkey inside his freezer isn't much into being a tree hugger.......:poke:tongue