mr 409 guy

mr409guy

Well Known Member
yeah, good try ! unfortunately the 67 supersport 396/375 and the 63 impala 409/425 are the 2 cars I traded for the wildfire car that has spun bearings and a damaged crank !!!!!!!!!!
can you tell I'm pissed ?

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
yeah, good try ! unfortunately the 67 supersport 396/375 and the 63 impala 409/425 are the 2 cars I traded for the wildfire car that has spun bearings and a damaged crank !!!!!!!!!!
can you tell I'm pissed ?
How is the engine now?

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looks like you got a few things do play with over the winter. You guys gotta' be having a ton of good times! Welcome to the site!
:salute

mr409guy

Well Known Member
The engine is at pete's automotive, will probably be there all winter. The crank has to be cut and is bent .009 Needs another set of new rods too. This is not going to be cheap ! this is a high dollar motor with the best of everything. Just needed 9 quarts of oil instead of 3.5....

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Oops
The engine is at pete's automotive, will probably be there all winter. The crank has to be cut and is bent .009 Needs another set of new rods too. This is not going to be cheap ! this is a high dollar motor with the best of everything. Just needed 9 quarts of oil instead of 3.5....

Oops.. Poor place to save money....:cry

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

OUCH!!

mr409guy

Well Known Member
I would like to clarify something I wrote earlier about the purchase of the wildfire car. I DID NOT buy this car from Ronnie evans or the evans family !!! Instead I bought the car from someone that owned the car after Ronnie past away. And by no means did the evans family have anything to do with what happened !!! I'm sorry for the miscommunication and confusion and did not mean to offend anyone.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

I'm guessing the engine starved for oil.
As you probably know, Stefs makes an aluminum pan for these engines but their catalog doesn't show any options for things like a kick out or an extra deep sump.
I just thought I'd mention that it appears that they will do some changes. The Stefs pan that we got with the 348 stroker built by Joe Sherman had a kickout on it. It's a little hard to see but it's there.
Anyway, I'm guessing they could probably build a pan that was an inch deeper if you wanted.
I think the regular Stefs pan holds the same amount as the factory pan but it's not as deep. I think if you could have it made an inch deeper, it would still have the same road clearance as the factory pan. :scratch

z.jpg

mr409guy

Well Known Member
Pete's automotive uses this pan on his engines and is the pan that was on my motor. the problem is the previous owner only had 3.5 qts of oil in the engine and it starved at the end of the track. It just sucks I never got to run the motor at all, I don't even know what it sounds like. All I can do is move forward and look forward to racing next year with a great group of guys.

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
You will have lots to look forward to! Having heard the car run when Ronnie was racing it (and having lined up next to him!), it is quite an awesome car. Trust in Pete, he will give you a great engine, he does ours as well. We are up in Kutztown if you ever need anything. Carl (my father-in-law) has been racing these things a long time, and I have been involved with him racing them since '91 as well.