Mt. Rushmore

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah I took it in Greg he did do a great job. You watch the DemoRats go out and start a fire and blame it on Trump and his fireworks.

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The headline on MSN from the AP: Trump pushes racial division, flouts virus rules at Rushmore. Goes on and on about the racist president and his supporters. When will we ever see unbiased news again :dunno Please don't say Fox News. Unbiased means unbiased from any side. Besides, half the time Fox News is kissing the left's azz.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I believe it to be treasonous..... the left and they’re influencing the destruction of the history of this country .....where we’ve been, what we fight for, what the forefathers died for ........it’s disgraceful.......That one of the two prominent parties of this great country......Would turn a blind eye to everything........ that any patriot has ever fought or gave their life for.........I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Demorats Burning the American flag this coming election and blaming its destruction on Trump......This country is coming apart at the seams

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The current hate and violence reminds me of the housing crisis that wreaked havoc on our nations economy. About 10% of the people caused a nation wide melt down. Excuse after excuse was used for these people. Everything from predatory lenders, to racism was blamed. As usual, no one held the people responsible for their actions. The majority suffered even though most knew that most people took loans they knew they could not pay. However, to be PC, they blamed anyone else but the borrowers. Here we are again. A very small percentage of this country is wreaking havoc on our country. The majority is standing by and are afraid to say anything. Our economy and way of life is suffering as our elected officials sit in silence. And the majority of the US population are allowing it to happen. Come November, and all following elections, the people of the US will vote again to keep in office those that sat silent. The people will blame the opposing political ideology, knowing that their representative did nothing. They all have sat silent. Look hard into the mirror, who is really to blame here?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The current hate and violence reminds me of the housing crisis that wreaked havoc on our nations economy. About 10% of the people caused a nation wide melt down. Excuse after excuse was used for these people. Everything from predatory lenders, to racism was blamed. As usual, no one held the people responsible for their actions. The majority suffered even though most knew that most people took loans they knew they could not pay. However, to be PC, they blamed anyone else but the borrowers. Here we are again. A very small percentage of this country is wreaking havoc on our country. The majority is standing by and are afraid to say anything. Our economy and way of life is suffering as our elected officials sit in silence. And the majority of the US population are allowing it to happen. Come November, and all following elections, the people of the US will vote again to keep in office those that sat silent. The people will blame the opposing political ideology, knowing that their representative did nothing. They all have sat silent. Look hard into the mirror, who is really to blame here?

The Bill Clinton administration was to blame for the collapse of the housing market as a result of changing the regulatory restrictions on how loans were given...... making it easier!!! ....... when it comes right down to it, people do need to look into the mirror .....but it’s human nature to take what someone says you are allowed to take..... so when they say someone should not spend more than 23% of their income towards their housing people tend to turn a blind eye towards taking on 30 to 40%, when they are trying to live the American dream .........people live beyond their means every day, that’s why this country is inundated with bankruptcies ........I had a wife who I could not get to stop spending money, and instead of divorcing her I made it my patriotic duty to buckle down work massive overtime to try to keep up with the spending .........Most people are not willing to do that to their lives so the moral of the story needs to be if you can’t afford it someone shouldn’t let you buy it ......self policing does not work.......wanting “Rules”

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Some people don't understand fiscal responsibility too well. Commission sales people know how to work them to their advantage, since once the sale is made and the salesman gets his cut, any subsequent failure to pay off the loan won't affect him.It's common practice for lenders to push people into situations beyond their means. Ever listen to that guy on the radio named Dave Ramsey? Financial Peace University? I know he sells lots of books describing his methods of protecting his means, but he gives good advice as to how to protect your means. It sounds a little nonconventional, but its unarguably right. It's to the point where conventional wisdom isn't too often right.

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It wasn't just Clinton pushing for the lending criteria to be lowered, Bush continued the policy. I get people wanting to try to get a home. However, story after story of people making 2K a month buying 500K homes because they got a 2 year or more interest free loan. They assumed the housing would go up by the end of the free interest period and they could refinance or sell. However they knew they could not afford the loan and did it anyway. Yes they lenders also knew and gave them the loans, however they don't have to pay, and NO ONE was forced to take a loan. My own brother did this. New cars and trucks, 2 homes, (1) 450K, (1) 210K with a 100K equity loan, credit cards maxed out, and kept spending. All on about 100K a year. My house was almost paid off at the time. He tried to get me to use the equity and buy some houses to flip. I said no. He lost everything. He blamed predatory lenders for his problems.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
It wasn't just Clinton pushing for the lending criteria to be lowered, Bush continued the policy. I get people wanting to try to get a home. However, story after story of people making 2K a month buying 500K homes because they got a 2 year or more interest free loan. They assumed the housing would go up by the end of the free interest period and they could refinance or sell. However they knew they could not afford the loan and did it anyway. Yes they lenders also knew and gave them the loans, however they don't have to pay, and NO ONE was forced to take a loan. My own brother did this. New cars and trucks, 2 homes, (1) 450K, (1) 210K with a 100K equity loan, credit cards maxed out, and kept spending. All on about 100K a year. My house was almost paid off at the time. He tried to get me to use the equity and buy some houses to flip. I said no. He lost everything. He blamed predatory lenders for his problems.
In some way, brother would be correct. The lender's loan was most likely secured by the full faith and backing of our government. More deep state bullshit that most assuredly benefited someone in Congress.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
In some way, brother would be correct. The lender's loan was most likely secured by the full faith and backing of our government. More deep state bullshit that most assuredly benefited someone in Congress.

That was the greed .......the mortgages were bundled and sold, and bundled and sold, and bundled and sold ,because they said that they were insured and they were not........

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congress has no money of their own. When Congress loses money, it's our money they are losing. It all comes from the citizens of the US. The idea of increasing home ownership is and was a great one. More often than not it instills a pride of ownership and responsibility. Neighborhoods are usually nicer and better kept with higher amounts of home ownership. The problem was that people didn't just take an opportunity to own a home they could afford. Proof enough was the NINJA loans. No Income No Job, no problem. You walk in and fill out the paperwork, sign, you got the loan. No verification on any of the information put down except the basic names address etc. I saw a landscaper buy a million dollar house this way. Of course he lost it in a year or so. People could have purchased modest homes that they could have afforded, or not when they knew they could not possibly afford them. However they chose to do it. No one forced anyone to take loans.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Back to a more patriotic theme-- we were watching Fox a bit ago, and the military flyovers comprised of both Thunderbirds and the B-2 bomber just occurred over NYC and Philadelphia. Nothing like the sights, sounds,and energy of those displays to put a great feeling in a guy, especially the B-2. That thing is LOUD!!. It commands respect and pride wherever it goes. We should have them fly it over our next riot scene about 200 feet over the tallest buildings just to remind all the dirty little losers on ground level who is really boss. Happy 4th of July and let's never forget what this day stands for.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Back to a more patriotic theme-- we were watching Fox a bit ago, and the military flyovers comprised of both Thunderbirds and the B-2 bomber just occurred over NYC and Philadelphia. Nothing like the sights, sounds,and energy of those displays to put a great feeling in a guy, especially the B-2. That thing is LOUD!!. It commands respect and pride wherever it goes. We should have them fly it over our next riot scene about 200 feet over the tallest buildings just to remind all the dirty little losers on ground level who is really boss. Happy 4th of July and let's never forget what this day stands for.

Thanks for the redirect Greg. Sorry for getting off track.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I watched the local South Dakota CW station coverage. This morning I googled the event and saw all of the leftist twisted opinions.
I will be voting for pres Trump and our Governor Noem again.
I was also happy that Mary Hart has not gone Hollywood liberal.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I think Cspan was the only channel to carry this event all the Fake news media broadcast their regular fake news crap.

Mark