mufflers

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
turbo muffers do not work on 600+ hp rat motors. Single chambers will make you def...huu. Car runs thru 4 gears spinning with 12" of rubber at 7,000, no hop, only screams of God help us and please stop I gotta pee...............
next I'll tune it........and put plastic on the passenger seat:D

I hope the ringing stops....................

The Winged Beast Lives again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
please stop I gotta pee...............
next I'll tune it........and put plastic on the passenger seat:D

I hope the ringing stops....................

Tic,

I was with you right up to the plastic ??? Well glad to hear you've been out driving her around. Hope you didn't do that tire spinning thing on one of Idaho's highways !!!!! :roll :) :)

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Lets just say they the passenger needed a change of shorts:D Looked like Helen Keller at a rock consert with all the arm flaying going on:roll As all know I have fought with this monster for months trying to tune it bond with it but nothing had worked. One thing that everyone kept saying was "it sure it quite for whats in it" and it never occured to me that mufflers were even an issue. Swapped the turbos out for single chambers and finally things that I knew should work did. Not saying all turbos are bad but in my case they did not work.
And in this case it's a motor that will do 10 sec in a 70 Nova all day or 9 on NOS. I know that cause I copied a local pro streeters build to the T.
So now I guess I better get that chair back to you:D

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I have 3 inch Magnaflow straight through mufflers on mine. Quite a bit nicer than Flowmaster. No popping and deeper tone with less resonence. I would use them again.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I actualy used these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SING...emQQcategoryZ33636QQihZ009QQitemZ190132839485

They are very nicely built and use a diamond in the center rather than the V like flowmasters. Has an incredable idle and growls when pushed..very nice:brow

They are 6 3/4 long and 9 3/4 wide by 4" thick with 3" in and out. I am going to lengthen the pipes and drop out the rear later on as well. Right now it's kinda fun watching the type R's, honda tards, roll up thier windows when I am next to them:eek: Booming stereos have no effect either they found out:cool: Kida nice not having to listen to that crap or some chain saw with a wing for a change...just good ol American thunder .. ya baby!! :beerbang