My 1961 Impala (348)

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I love those EASY restoration jobs like this car. Everything just works out better. Great car !! :love

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
WOW !
Fantastic find !
What a great car to restore !
Looks like an original 3 deuce 348, with a 'P' case. Any idea what the gear ratio is yet ?
Black, with red interior, wow.
Congratulations !
Love that car !

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
280 horse car, I guess. I can't tell from the photos but wasn't it an automatic

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
If you're interested in a complete engine. I just remembered seeing a 59 tri-power 348 on craigslist in West Grove, PA. It won't be date correct of course. I know of the guy but have never had any dealings with him so this is not an endorsement.

00909_2fBs4Rf299d_600x450.jpg

Here's the link: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/4267600210.html

sickthree

WOW !
Fantastic find !
What a great car to restore !
Looks like an original 3 deuce 348, with a 'P' case. Any idea what the gear ratio is yet ?
Black, with red interior, wow.
Congratulations !
Love that car !

Im trying to figure out the gear ratio. Ill post the numbers when i get a chance.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Yep 308s is what it looks like................. Cant have any fun with that ratio !!! :no
It would get good fuel mileage.:clap

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very Cool Car...:deal Keep us posted on your progress. Looks like 3:08's all right.

chevy rear gear ratio reference tags 518x372.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Cant have any fun with 3.08's??????????? Funny,I won over 10,000 dollars over a period of 2 years in foot brake classes running 3.o8's,and have a friend whose been a track champion about 12 times,again,running 3.o8's.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Cant have any fun with 3.08's??????????? Funny,I won over 10,000 dollars over a period of 2 years in foot brake classes running 3.o8's,and have a friend whose been a track champion about 12 times,again,running 3.o8's.
Hey Don, Some fellas need to go down the street sideways in a cloud of smoke to have fun. Just sayin.:crazy Leo

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Congrats Don , Best of luck with the build. Looks like you got a great head start there. My son has to see this post so I can get him off his butt to finish his 61 Bel-Air Bubble Top. HEY JOHN , JUST SAYIN !!!!
:crazy:dance:cheers

sickthree

Thanks for the reference chart, and thanks for the positive comments.
The build won't start for another year. Until then the car is for sale.