My 409 build

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
This is the beginning of my 409 build. 1965 409 truck block. The motor was in pieces when I bought it but was in really good shape. The block was standard bore that cleaned up at 10 over and the crank was std. std. and that's about all I will be using from the original motor.

Are you running the same ones ?

You could say that;).... I designed that basic dome configuration 12 years ago, and they are made for me by Ross Pistons. Fairly recently, "someone" took that design to Diamond, and now that's how they make 'em. All mine are fully lightened, but I'm sure Diamond would be close in that regard. Anyhow, they're a step ahead of Ross, because Ross won't update their off-ther-shelf old chunk.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You could say that;).... I designed that basic dome configuration 12 years ago, and they are made for me by Ross Pistons. Fairly recently, "someone" took that design to Diamond, and now that's how they make 'em. All mine are fully lightened, but I'm sure Diamond would be close in that regard. Anyhow, they're a step ahead of Ross, because Ross won't update their off-ther-shelf old chunk.

Yup!!
That's why we had to go with Dimond also, Ross did not have enough dome
index.php
index.php