My 62 build update

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I thought since you guys like pictures, I'd show you an update since I brought my 62 back to the shop from painting it two weeks ago.
  • I have the doors back on and installed all the glass with new channels and weaterstrip.
  • Splatterpainted the trunk
  • Brakes and MC
  • Installed fuel tank and finished lines except carb hookup.
  • Installed dash and guages.
  • rebuilt and installed 1/2 of the wiring harness.
  • found out original valve covers will not fit over roller rockers
  • Installed half of exhaust system
  • measured driveshaft and sent it out for shortening
  • various other little things
266550595.jpg

268188762.jpg

this is a lot more fun than those four months of body work
dave in denver

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Dave, Looks good. Love the fawn interior. What rockers are you using and why wouldn't they fit over the original valve covers?

I'm running the scorpions from Showcars. I didn't try the extra thick gaskets or spacers. (I was looking for an excuse to buy the new cast nostalgia valve covers anyway.)

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, It would have taken me months to do what you did in two weeks. Great job and of course, a beautiful car. BTW, the rocker arm clearance worked to your advantage. Valve covers look great. I was able to see some close up because rstreet has some on his ragtop. I gotta fit them into my budget now.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
After seeing all the fun going on at Norwalk, I have just got to go next year. I was thinking about it all weekend. Do you think an ex-Texan from Colorado would have a funny accent?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Don't worry about it. I have noticed all of those people " up there" talk funny. You can get used to it, after a while. :roll :roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
MileHiSS
I just installed a twin set of your covers and as much trouble as I had with auto transmission linkage and generator belts I thought they were high enough to clear any thing. Are you using a FelPro gasket
Robert

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
MileHiSS
I just installed a twin set of your covers and as much trouble as I had with auto transmission linkage and generator belts I thought they were high enough to clear any thing. Are you using a FelPro gasket
Robert

I tried the old covers this afternoon with my Felpro gaskets. They might work, but it would be really close. Anyway, I already got my new covers, so as not to worry. I installed my intake this afternoon. My Felpro kit had two front intake seals, and no rear one. What the heck? So RTV had do take their place. I'm waiting on Summit to send me a couple of inverted flair fittings, for my twin 600's. I want to hardline my fuel lines, just in case, I want to be legal for an NHRA track.

I also ordered an Alan Grove alternator bracket, and painted it after a test mock up. I just wasn't up to fabricating the alternator brackets, when I've used their brackets in the past with very good success. I need to make some decisions and pull the trigger on my wheels and tires. I think I know what I want to run, but I haven't made a final decision.

C.A.R.S., is really going to p#ss me off if they don't ship my interior pretty quick. I sent them my door shells months ago, and I still haven't gotten my headliner or seat covers. I wanted to have plenty of time , so I could work on my interior at my leisure. if they don't hurry, I may have to call upon my interior guy, to get the job done a little faster. Bummer.