My 63 Impala SS restoration

Well Known Member
Almost finished cleaning up the frame.
I have to get it checked to see if it's all straight ,paint it with POR15 semi gloss black then start to rebuild it.
A-arms were put in a Bucket with a mixture of molasses and water to remove rust.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Know you have impala, you are doing a ss also???? More picture"s required.

bobs409

Administrator
I thought my garage was crammed. I'm sure glad I'm not at the stage you are, it's making me tired just looking at it! :D

Have you ever tried phosphoric acid to clean parts? I use Prep-n-etch from Home depot. Mix it 50 % so a gallon makes 2. Lasts a good long time too. Stuff eats rust like a fat lady on an ice cream sundae. :crazy

Well Known Member
I thought my garage was crammed. I'm sure glad I'm not at the stage you are, it's making me tired just looking at it! :D

Have you ever tried phosphoric acid to clean parts? I use Prep-n-etch from Home depot. Mix it 50 % so a gallon makes 2. Lasts a good long time too. Stuff eats rust like a fat lady on an ice cream sundae. :crazy
This stuff is not toxic I'll show you some pictures when I pull up some parts

Well Known Member
How was it equipped, and what are your plan"s . Paint,engine,tran"s thank"s for picture"s Where did you get it??? Inquiring mind"s want to know!!
Car from South Dakota and picked it up in Omaha Nebraska . Super sport package, Power steering ,no Power brakes , Radio . It had no engine or transmission . The frame has dual exhaust hangers so it must of had a 327 cu because it has a 3/8 gas line running through the driveshaft tunnel .
This is the picture before I cleaned up the frame.

Well Known Member

Here is a before and after picture of the A-arms when putting Them in molasses for about a week

Before

After

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not bad. But I'd rather take a media blaster to them for about 10 minutes. I'm impatient I guess

Reactions: Tim

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Like yellow wagon said and you will get a much better clean up and trust me you will use that blaster on so many part"s and piece"s you can get into small crevice"s that you can"t wire brushing ,much quicker.if you have compressor all you need is cabinet and media.you can get a bench top size.

Last edited: