My Cecil truck

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Upcoming pictures. Will take about an hour as I am computer stupid. 6 pictures. Please give me a while. I did not take any "before" pics but maybe Cecil has some stored.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
truck004_zps2fd246ba.jpg

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
3 months of body work. 8 hrs per day., 6 days a week. I hope to never see body supplies again in my lifetime. Its amazing how a faded 20 yr. old paint job can hide previous damage. I am tired. Wheels are vintage Ansen one piece aluminum. Very happy they were on the truck. I was going for " clean and neat" shop truck. I'm pretty satisfied. Plenty of work still to do. heater core, wiper motor, and odds and ends but I will get there, sooner or later. Hope Cecil has some before pictures as there as been quite a transformation.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
3 months of body work. 8 hrs per day., 6 days a week. I hope to never see body supplies again in my lifetime. Its amazing how a faded 20 yr. old paint job can hide previous damage. I am tired. Wheels are vintage Ansen one piece aluminum. Very happy they were on the truck. I was going for " clean and neat" shop truck. I'm pretty satisfied. Plenty of work still to do. heater core, wiper motor, and odds and ends but I will get there, sooner or later. Hope Cecil has some before pictures as there as been quite a transformation.
Look's good ronnie, When you start driving it is when you will enjoy !!!!I know what you mean about body work, will it ever end????:bang:bang:bang

bobs409

Administrator
Love these trucks! They are worth the time believe me. The 67-72's are well loved and gaining in value everyday.

Are those the 16.5 inch wheels? If so, what was it like finding reasonably priced tires? :D

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Trucks are fun to paint (not), especially a long bed. I did one some years ago and I'm not in any hurry to do another You did a good job and now you can relish in your accomplishment.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob. Don['t know what the tires would cost. Yes, 16.5 They were on the truck also. Tread is several inches deep :roll, so I will never have to buy tires.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Damn nice truck! I want it back.
Show them the interior......I really like the seat.:dance

Before
SANY0781.JPG SANY0780.JPG

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil, I have the door panels off right now, waiting on the new sport mirrors. Since the dash has to be stripped to install the new dash pad, I might as well replace the wiper motor and heater core at the same time. Not looking forward to that, right side hood hinge and inner fenderwell have to be removed to get access . But, its gotta be done so I will rest a few days then get started. When I get it back together I will post a picture of the interior in this thread. Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I like the two tone trucks better but this old gal will spend the rest of her life sitting outside in the hot Texas sun so white was the most logical color.