My dad passed away.

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
:(I lost my dad this past Friday about 7:30 in the morning. I took the day off of work and was going to meet Phil later that afternoon. I had got him a 62 Belair. My mother was going to go visit her brother who's in the hospital with cancer. Dad was feeling good that morning and usually he was in some sort of pain off and on. He had a weak heart and weak kidneys. He felt really good that morning so he was going to ride along. He got in the car (passenger side) and mom got behind the wheel. She said she turned around after 2 blocks from the house because dad wouldn't answer her. He wasn't breathing and by the time he got to the hospital he didn't have a pulse. The hospital was very close after she turned around. I guess if there's anything good to say about it is that he went extremely quick and didn't suffer. He never wanted to go to the hospital and didn't want to be in a home. He watched his dad on life support which kept his dad alive but the brain was dead. My dad said he never wanted to be hooked up to a machine since that image of his father with all the tubes stuck in him disturbed him so much. My dad was 83. He would have been married 56 years this December 30th. Not that it would have been better any other time of year but being this close to the holidays and everything makes it that much harder.:cry1 Right now we're guessing his heart just gave out.

I love you dad and I miss talking to you already.

Last edited:

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
So sorry for your loss wally. You and yours are in all our thoughts and prayers.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wally I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your whole family. Especially for your mother. It sounds like she has so much on her already with her brother. I love that they were married for over 55 years. That is truly a blessing and inspiration.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Wally, I understand, my Dads will be gone this coming January 10 years-still hurts.:cry

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Aw man, sorry to hear that Wally. Please give your family my condolences. I will pray for you and yours. Brian.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Deepest sympathy for you and your family Wally. Take solace in the fact that he had a long life and didn't have to suffer, may he rest in peace.My prayers go out to you.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Your dad passed like he wished. Sorry for your loss,thinking of my dad and dad in law as I write this and it is not easy to let them go.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Sorry for your loss, Wally. Condolences to your family. I know this isn't easy for you.

bobs409

Administrator
Sorry for your loss Wally. It's a sad part of life we all must deal with but that doesn't make it any better or easier. There is no way to prepare but as with all bad things, time has a way of healing things. I lost my mom about 1.5 years ago and my cat about 6 months later so it was like a double whammy for me that hit HARD! I think of them everyday! My mom and I used to joke around and play little pranks on each other to make each other laugh. That's why I say she wasn't just my mom but my best friend. Occasionally I get to laugh thinking back on that. I take comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering. The last 4 years were filled with health problems that I wouldn't wish on anyone let alone one of the nicest people I've ever known.

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. :)

Take care Wally.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So sorry for your loss, Wally. My dad went the same way, except he was in perfect health and died of a brain aneurysm instantly. It's been 10 years and I still miss him like it was yesterday.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Your family with be in our prayers. Seems as though he passed peacefully and in a way that he desired.
Take Care...Dennis