My name is Rockfish

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rockfish :crazy

I don't drink, don't smoke, and don't chase foreign women.
I do, it seems, have an affinity for fine watches and...

Ummm, I need to step back for a minute... I love all women, so forget that one!

I have a question that I don't know where to post??? So, I thought that this was as good a place as any.

Has my old aqua '65 resurfaced anywhere?? Steve Anastos turned out to be a car dealer in Utah who only took a very temporary interest in it, until he flipped it, then goodbye Steve.

I know that RK motors in Charlotte had it for a short time after that but then sold it to a collector out in Colorado, I think...

Due to privacy they wont tell me who they sold it to.

Has anyone seen my old dog??? Her water dish is still in the garage!

Rock :scratch

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rockfish :crazy

I don't drink, don't smoke, and don't chase foreign women.
I do, it seems, have an affinity for fine watches and...

Ummm, I need to step back for a minute... I love all women, so forget that one!

I have a question that I don't know where to post??? So, I thought that this was as good a place as any.

Has my old aqua '65 resurfaced anywhere?? Steve Anastos turned out to be a car dealer in Utah who only took a very temporary interest in it, until he flipped it, then goodbye Steve.

I know that RK motors in Charlotte had it for a short time after that but then sold it to a collector out in Colorado, I think...

Due to privacy they wont tell me who they sold it to.

Has anyone seen my old dog??? Her water dish is still in the garage!

Rock :scratch
Hire a lawyer to go see the last dealer. Maybe he can help you!!!!!
Where's my watch??????

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are you trying to buy it back if you find it? That's what happens to me!! I have something I love and I f up and sell it only to end up buying something the same for way more money. Last thing that comes to my mind was my nos 65 exhaust manifolds then end up spending 400 more on a set that is in way worse shape!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Hey Lou, good to hear from you. I would think the leash on that baby is pretty short, she might even remember where the water bowl is :).

Given the tightness of this community I suspect someone knows where she resides for now.

Cheers! TomK

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Good luck Rockfish, my very first car was a 65 Impala SS 2 dr had a 283 power pack with bucket seats console a 4-barrel and a Powerglide. I sold it to a guy in La Plata Missouri in 1981. Maybe I should go looking for my old car La Plata is not very big:rub
Sometimes you can go to the Department of Revenue with a VIN number and they will tell you who has it, if you have a friend....

Last edited:

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Hey Tom, Dick, Phil and other friends that I may not yet know. Good to hear from yous as well, and all good comments and suggestions.
Never of though of DMV record searches. Going to try that one, for sure.

Dick, thanks for posting up that picture. I had all but forgotten about that one.
Made me say "Baby, I's ME Daddy!" out loud !!!! :cloud

Then my wife came in and asked me who I was talking too... :confused
Lucky for me I didn't have the Chick post up when she walked in !!!!! :pray

Phil, I have a very special watch in mind for you! Gonna take a while, but Christmas is closing in fast....

TTYL

Rock :cool:

Last edited:

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Are you trying to buy it back if you find it? That's what happens to me!! I have something I love and I f up and sell it only to end up buying something the same for way more money. Last thing that comes to my mind was my nos 65 exhaust manifolds then end up spending 400 more on a set that is in way worse shape!!

That's me too... Buy High and Sell Low is usually how it ends up here also

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Rock, good luck on your search! Ronnie always spoke very highly of you!! OH, I’m pretty sure Phil’s a big Flavor Flav Fan !!!!!! :D

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When I was a kid, my Grandmother, had a Horse, with a Clock in it's Stomach. :clap It sat on the mantel piece. I wonder how many people, would want Flavor Flav, on their mantel piece?:dunno:doh:laugh:laugh3

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
If memory serves me correctly it seems. that another member posted about that car possibly about 5 yrs ago I think he was. a younger guy, can’t think of his name :dunno