My new box

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You would be welcome, especially aren't you an Oregonian,as well? Lots of nice places around here to do lunch and dinner.

Not that there is anything wrong with Oregon, there are definitely pockets of resistance like California, but no. No need to leave California for another state that is the same. I have been around lots of places, and lived in Arkansas, and Colorado, but primarily I am born and raised in Ca.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
One good source for Snap On tools was/is Ebay. I got several new unopened sets of puller tools, some wrenches, crow's feet, I don't even remember what all from Ebay vendors. Some of them were Snap On salesmen that were either getting out of the business, retiring, or selling off unsold tools to make room for new inventory. I don't think that you can return tools after they are out on consignment like that.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I also used Ebay for some deals on Snap On, Harley tools etc. For awhile, when Harley was using a scanner for their bikes before we went to the Digital Technician, if you could get one, the scanners were like 2500 at cost. It seemed to me that it was just an OTC scanner that was being used on the OBD II cars. So I got one for a little over a hundred on Ebay. Purchased the Harley cartridge and cable and I too had a scanner for next to nothing. Still do. Works till about 06 and starts falling off from there. Shop, Shop, Shop.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
If your patient and do your homework you can usually find new,unopened snap on tools on eBay for 40-60 percent off the truck price.Still overpriced but it eases the sting.Snap on doesn’t care where it was bought you still get the warranty,just give it to the truck for a new one.I would not recommend buying electronics from eBay though.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
View attachment 58914
I like the flat magnets for my sockets. I don't believe they are still available now though. If they are I would highly recommend them. This is how I set my stuff up when I was using them daily. I really liked not having to open and close drawers constantly, and I always like my tools back in their place.
We have one just like this that we inherited at the hangar from a friend who died last year. Need to sell it or I may have to buy it myself. It's only a few years old and cost over $7000 if I remember correctly from the invoice.

20191229_133537_resized.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you can use it, and get it for the right price go for it. The bottom boxes were going for 8200 or 8400 when new, plus if you wanted the stainless top was another 600 or so. The hutch that I have was another 1100 plus, and 75 for a light. I got all of it for 7200 If I remember right. I only purchased it because of the deal and I was completely stacked top to bottom in the drawers of other box. The double was a few inches bigger but not really. Although I considered the quad, it was just too big for me. Especially if I ever needed to move it around the shop to work. I like my setup and it works for me. What are they worth now? Half of what I paid in 02 I would think, maybe less.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I would. I like those Monte Carlos. You don't see very many of them anymore.
Back in 1976,I worked at a Chevy dealer, and on the used car lot was a red 70 Monte Carlo,black vinyl top and rally wheels. It had been there quite a while, but it was in nice shape. It had a black cloth bench seat interior, power windows, A/C, the usual stuff, but it also had a 402 330 horse big block and a Turbo 400. It was externally exactly resembling a 350 powered car, and was kind of a sleeper. I had it for several months, then my brother was getting married and his wife wasn't interested in driving his 69 Road Runner,so we traded cars. I had the Runner for a while, then resold it. It would have been nice to have kept all those cars, but where would I put them all? Quite a problem to have.