My new box

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That’s a nice set up.I like the hutch and stainless top.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The hutches are great. Use the clips and magnets to hang your most used tools, sockets, torque wrenches, wrenches, etc. Beats the hell out of constantly opening drawers. At least for me it did.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Garage 005.JPG
I like the flat magnets for my sockets. I don't believe they are still available now though. If they are I would highly recommend them. This is how I set my stuff up when I was using them daily. I really liked not having to open and close drawers constantly, and I always like my tools back in their place.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That a pretty cool idea with the magnets.Now I have to get a s/s top,and hutch.I really like the power drawers,it’s a great way to keep all the chargers and impact guns out of sight.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The door is the previous owner had it on the other side of his box and when I got it I had to rotate the door so it would open. I left everything on the door upside down because it irritates the hell out of a couple of the coworkers.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
The door is the previous owner had it on the other side of his box and when I got it I had to rotate the door so it would open. I left everything on the door upside down because it irritates the hell out of a couple of the coworkers.
It would really piss me off too!!!!!:D When i was still working at a dealership , a fellow younger mechanic told me a big fancy tool box don't make you any money,it's the tool's that count. His old beat up sear's top and bottom and not matched side box were junk and most tool's in it also. His impact gun's were so wore out they would not hold socket's ,He had long finger's ,so a finger was used to press against socket's when he used used it. I just laughed to myself every time i saw him do that. Of course every body else in shop had bigger boxes and newer ,mostly snap on including me . I had the bottom box as pictured above with matching top box. Still have it.His wrenches were all thrown in drawers with no organization what so ever, all in a pile.I just could not work that way.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is my final box blkblk63ss. I started in a smaller box and have outgrown a couple others and finally have this one. One day I will either get a matching locker or have the current one painted. R63ss I don’t think they make the shallow hutch like imbvsur? has on his I think they only have the deep ones like mine so I would suggest a light in the top I just stuck a cheap led in there and think it makes a world of difference.5D1F756A-29B2-4889-8AEF-018A10793F48.jpegC204E6FF-55CD-4D05-9D52-9C80F1403C18.jpeg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
As you I started with smaller top and bottom boxes and moved up bigger as I bought more tools. When I bought my current snap on box ,I decided to go bigger than what I actually needed,and it would be the last one I buy. So i stuck to that promise ,but the box is filled up.It is retired now,like me....:D

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The Harley box is over the top.We have a blue Epiq 68 at work,we are adding a hutch,side locker,and powerdrawer to.We keep buying tools to load the box up so we can add pieces to the box.Meanwhile our snap on guy has a grin from ear to ear(at least we get free socks from him).Some really nice setups being posted.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I quit buying tools years ago.
Not sure why I bought this box but the snap on guy traded real well so it wasn't so painful.
Poor guy still stops by once a week trying to snag me again.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have 1 drawer in my main box not fully used and a 2 in the side cabinet not fully used either. It’s amazing how fast you accumulate tools when you do this for a career! I have all the tools to do my jobs at work now I just get things that just make certain jobs a lot easier or some of the specialty tools the shop is supposed to supply because some of them get pretty abused by other employees that don’t give a crap because it’s not theirs.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am with the guys that believe in tools not boxes. I swore I would never purchase one of those big boxes. However like several have said, I was just packed with tools on tools. So I moved up. Then I had to move up to the one pictured. I am just glad I didn't get the 4 bay Snap On I was looking at. Too big to move or put in lots of places for me. Like chrome don't get you home. Empty boxes don't make you money.