My new box

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Jeff on your quote on empty tool box's don't make money I think the empty one would mean you were using them and making money.:D

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I liked the top book shelf cabinets on your box La Hot Rods. At the time I got mine I was looking at them, in black though. However I was told they no longer had them.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I thought about selling my big snap on boxes and get a much smaller sears top and bottom. Just to gain More room in my garage. I have special tools so thought of selling too. First thing you know my pickup developed a lower gear box seal leak.So out comes the Pittman arm puller to fix it. I decided right there and then selling everything not a good idea.I guess I will keep them till I absolutely cant,and then pass on to son or who ever.

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My box is a one off color so finding anymore hang on's would be tough.
I keep trying to size this up for the day it will go home and I don't have to go to the salt mine anymore. :good

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
When I was still working and had my present box, they had a snap on truck stop by with nothing but tool boxes on it . I called the one a train which at that time was $10,000.00. I spouted off and said I would trade for $5,000 difference .He said ok, I said no I don't think so.:D

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought about selling my big snap on boxes and get a much smaller sears top and bottom. Just to gain Moe room in my garage. I have special tools so thought of selling too. First thing you know my pickup developed a lower gear box seal leak.So out comes the Pittman arm puller to fix it. I decided right there and then selling everything not a good idea.I guess I will keep them till I absolutely cant,and then pass on to son or who ever.
That is an issue of mine. While I have some dealer tools etc. I don't buy anymore tools for the most part as I am not really using them. However I am not selling them either. When I do need them, they are there. I still regret getting rid of my metal lathe for "more " room.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
My son, has one of those $ 10,000 Snap-On boxes.:doh Is it really, money well spent, or just for Show Off?:dunno Snap-On Tool Men, won't say.:rolleyesIMG_20171024_185804834 Mark's Camaro on Lift.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I personally don't think any of them, mine included is worth what they are selling them for. I got mine at a killer price through purchases and trades, otherwise I would not have the one I do. They are nice though. I have had Craftsmen, Matco, Snap On, and Mac boxes over the years. I believe the Matco high end boxes are the best on the market. The only reason I have this second Snap On is the Matco dealer would not come even close to the price I paid for the Snap On.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I personally don't think any of them, mine included is worth what they are selling them for. I got mine at a killer price through purchases and trades, otherwise I would not have the one I do. They are nice though. I have had Craftsmen, Matco, Snap On, and Mac boxes over the years. I believe the Matco high end boxes are the best on the market. The only reason I have this second Snap On is the Matco dealer would not come even close to the price I paid for the Snap On.
When i bought mine they had a sale promotion on the boxes and he allowed me crazy money for my waterloo boxes that i bought used and cheap. I think they have gob's of mark up on those boxes.