My New Project 1963 AC B1

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I started assembling the tractor. The drive shaft couple was falling apart. One of the metal plates detached from the rubber ring. Since there are none available, I had to figure out what to do. I don't know how it will hold up or if it will vibrate but I decided to drill and rivet, rather than bolt, the plates to the rubber center ring. 20181108_064426.jpg

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Now for the engine and the seat assembly. 20181108_195647.jpg20181108_195702.jpg I'm about out of time on this project. I have to start on a shoe rack / umbrella stand for my wife's Christmas present. So I'll get the hood on, I hope, then push it into the storage garage until a later date.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You'll be needing a mower deck in just 4 months
Mower deck to be painted next year. That's what sparked this whole project. I was trying to mow the lawn at my parents property, trying to keep it tidy as its up for sale. Tractor just didn't have enough power to turn the mower, didn't help that the lawn was way overdue to be cut. I was just going to re-ring the engine and one thing led to another. ;):D