My new project just reared it's ugly head...

bobs409

Administrator
I just wasn't sure if I needed to buy some break in oil. I got some in case I need it. Vrrrooommm vroom. :D

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Jegs has been working hard, to take Business away from Summit Racing. They hardly ever, charge for shipping and handling.:clap But sometimes, they're prices are higher.:dunno The best thing, from either one is, NO SALES TAX. :appl

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go with the first one and keep things on the simpler side. I can avoid having to buy a lot of parts that the other 2 engines would need.

As for Summit, it says completely free shipping. The only thing I'm not sure of is how this is delivered. A lift gate would be needed so I don't have to go out on a busy street with my engine crane. :D :fear2I might have to pay extra for that. (will check on that)
Bob,
You mean to tell me you don't have a forklift...:doh

bobs409

Administrator
Don't think I'm gonna document it quite that far but I'll see what I can do. Engine is all unhooked and ready to pick up and out! The new engine will be delivered Monday and all the new parts arrive today and tomorrow.

I confirmed with the trucking company that it is a lift gate so no fork lift needed. (wrecker is sleeping for the winter and all tucked in under a comfy car cover) :sleep3

:flag Can't beat the speed of a crate engine. (my first one) I'd probably just be dropping off a block & heads at the machine shop about now... :bore3 :bore4

I'm lovin' this global warming too. It's about 60 degrees here and will be for a few days at least. :overheat

bobs409

Administrator
Yeah, I hate letting things pile up. Besides with 10 vehicles, there's always something that NEEDS to be done. Today the Jeep wipers quit so that's the next project... :rolleyes :irk

bobs409

Administrator
New engine is here but no pics yet, it's raining.

Got the old one out yesterday and I can say the cam plugs are not leaking. There seems to be a small gap on the rear side of the pan near where the dipstick is. I can push a thin metal ruler through! I guess that's where it's leaking from, can't see anything else leaking. Maybe it was leaking from there all along.

DSCN5799.jpg DSCN5800.jpg DSCN5801.jpg DSCN5802.jpg