My new shop!!

No409

Supporting Member 1
hey guys , havent posted in a while, been very busy. The shop i worked for, for 12 yrs got shut down by the department of revinue( boss didnt pay taxes). they come in, tell me to get everything i own out of the building.

so now im like what do I do. the lanlord calls, and says" you want to rent the building?"

talk it over with the wife, and we're young and are going for it!

I figured you guys would like this part. My new phone# is 508-278-4090, fax it 508-278-4093 and i got PO box 409!

how awesome is that! everyone from the area knows me as the 409 guy anyways.

so i should be opening in 2 -3 weeks, general auto repair, and classic sales and service. Im very nervous, but also very excited. should be a fun time
oh yea. the shop is Evers Auto Repair, 278 n.main st, N.uxbridge,ma 01538

Thanks guys!

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Congratulations !!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll do fine. Maybe the local members should attend your grand opening........... bunch of 409 cars should get you noticed.

Dave

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Way to go Tom. Nothing like working for yourself, very rewarding. Great choice for numbers too. You should do well and I wish you all the best in your new venture.:clap:clap

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
good luck!

Fantastic news! I have owned my shop for 10 years. Lots of hard work and long hours. You will do just fine. If I can help, just let me know. There is another fella on this site that just got a shop. He is in Wisconsin.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Best of luck to you Tom:beerbang One day at a time to start until you get into the flow of it and you will be fine. What part of the state are you in:dunno Ken

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Good luck!

That's really good news. If the owner is a bit desperate, or maybe getting up there in years, you might see if he will sell you the building rather than you renting it and making him well off. He might even do the financing if it's in his best interest and fair to you as a "start up". In the long run you will benefit, and add ownership to your portfolio.

You can always disregard this advise, as I tend to acquire assets and debt load with some regularity :). Not everyone is cut out to handle such stress!

Cheers!
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Tom..............BEST WISHES!!!! I know it's a hellva step to do something like this but you have the experience to pull it off!!! There will always be the need for automotive repair work!!!

I did the same thing 26 years ago and trust me.........there will will some hard times. But I have NEVER regretted NOT working for someone else!!! And I can count about a million friends I've made along the way!! Just take time to play a little along the way!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!:clap:clap