My old 63 Impala SS, still looking

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I posted awhile back that I was looking for my old 63 SS Azure Blue Impala and to try buy the car back if it is available. I have some new information that might narrow the search down to Iowa and maybe a little help from any of our forum members in Iowa. The last info I could find was the car was sold to someone in Iowa, probably in the last 5 years. The VIN is 31847J26531, is there any way to search that VIN? What I'm running into is that information is no longer in the public domain, maybe a forum member knows the car or knows somebody that could possibly get the owners name? IMG_0584.JPG

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The Iowa DOT form will not work. They don't have a place in the form for a private individual to contact the owner of the car. Nice try though Paul. I hope somebody will see my post and will know the car.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tom, I apologize as I forgot about this and never made the possible connection. I have a local buddy who purchased a 63 SS409 four speed car at auction a few years ago, can't remember the color, but it was either light blue or light green? What triggered my memory was when you said "Iowa". I think this was out of that State. I might have a picture of it somewhere. James has worked on this car and might remember the exact color. Pretty sure he still has it, I remember he got a smokin' deal at the time and I was jealous...

Don't get your hopes up, I'll get back to you after I get hold of the owner (Mark P.). They gather most Monday nights at his shop, so I'l try to catch him there. I have his cell# somewhere, pretty sure James does as well. We'll try that first :).

Wouldn't that be interesting if all this time it was your old '63 in my back yard?

TomK