My personal nightmare

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A buddy of mine had a Big Healey (3000) with a Corvette 327 in it back in 1971 or s0. Now that car scalded some tires!
If I have the winning lottery ticket tonight, the first toy I would buy would be a 100-4 and put a 283 in it and do the whole car early 60's style. I think it is one of the neatest looking cars ever! And an all iron sbc is lighter than the stock 4 cyl.
TSY153-Austin-Helaey-100-4--for-sale-at-rawles-motorsport-i.jpg
:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Could be? The man has had a lot of cars and Healeys aren't exactly rare although, they are steadily climbing in value with some going for six figures.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well I have been back at this project.....have been hung up on the radio console for some time.
I think I have something I can live with now after three tries. :winner
This was my second attempt. I liked it but it was awkward around the shifter.
20171102_213529 (2).jpg
My third and last...fingers crossed.
20180116_160344 (2).jpg

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've always been a '60's straight line muscle car guy but I also had friends that had Austin Heally 3000; MG MGB and a Triumph TR3. 'Have to admit I got some kicks riding/driving them; they're kind of like a big, friggin' go-kart!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The big Healey's are fun.
Have had the pleasure of working on one of those. You could pass a semi at 110 and stay in your lane. :cool:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Back in the 70's, a friend of mine, purchased a MGB-GT.:rolleyes He took me for a ride, one day, on our Lunch hour.:doh All I can say is.:eek3He loved it. He thought it was fast.:teehee Too noisy, and too close to the ground.:scared2 Of course, it was British Racing Green. He could never, get the crappy SU carbs synchronized. :irk