My personal nightmare

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Got word from Chris that someone backed into the MGB and damaged one of the front fenders:furious figured he was calling for bail money :dunno2
I haven't seen it yet or pictures. Kinda bad deal.
Chris , Nathan and I had just got together for St Patrick's day celebrations at my friend John's Irish pub. Chris had a spell and got confused when talking to the waitress during or order, he as well as Nathan and I noticed something was wrong with him. He has an appointment with a doctor Monday. Hard to imagine what he's going through now with this extra unexpected insentient. Worried about Chris, I can fix the car been there done that.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Supposed to be a fresh rebuild by a long time MG owner and builder, Chris heard it run as it was on a run stand. :dunno2
I don't think a perfect rebuild on any of these little lumps is worth the effort, I would rather rebuild the Kohler twin in my John Deere lawn tractor again. :doh
I might try and rebuild my 318 John Deere engine. One cylinder is at 90psi the other is at ZERO! Not sure it would be worth putting money and time into an Onan twin. Maybe. :dunno2
I forgot to stop at the power wash on the way home. Now I have to pull my power washer out and clean this pig. Should have slipped the side engine covers on her to get a picture but the who thing is dirty! I might even have a John Deere logo embroidered in the new seat I will be upholstering for it.

First picture home 3-20-21.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Reminds me of Mom and step dad's 318 that the front blade came from. Seem to remember it always got the job done. Must have been what made me look at a buy a 400. :)
I was just watching a couple videos of guys using the blade on a 318. Looks like it will do the job for our driveway. Its about 150ft long and my 3/4 ton 4x4 truck with a blade is a bit of over kill. Though I do like how fast I can get the snow pushed and I do plow the elderly neighbors driveways on both sides of me when the snow gets deep.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I bought a Case 446 project tractor it was one of those it turns over but does not run projects it has a 16 hp Onan motor. I got it home did a compression check and found it had a dead cylinder, took the head off and found a snapped rod but no other damage. I started pricing rebuild parts for the Onan and couldn't believe what they want for these Onan parts ,I think I'll just try to find a used motor or pull the 18 hp out of my 448.

Mark