My Saturday

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Our township was taking down trees along our road a couple weeks ago. Sue wanted three trees in our front yard along the road, taken down. So she talked to the township supervisor we know, and he added them to the list. So that saved us on hiring a tree service. The trees were too close to the road for Sue's father to dig out with his back how, so I had to rent a stump grinder. I spent the day from 9:00 am to 5:30 grinding three stumps. What a long day. Boy am I pooped today. Can't get the photos to upload yet.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Jim, how much do you charge an hour?
Are you going to be coming to Central Missouri anytime soon? It's cool down a lot down here and you won't sweat.I think James might need some tree trimming and stump grinding around his house to build his shop. Let us know will buy dinner!!!!!
I experienced that once I cut down two 80 foot tall elm trees that were over 70" in diameter at the ground. There were 70 loads of wood after all the tops were chopped up to mulch.:thud after grinding the two stumps about 18 in into the ground I had four truck loads of mulch. Built the foundation over the old stumps, it was a slab building. And the concrete still does not have a crack in it....

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Tooth, you couldn't pay me enough to grind anymore stumps. :wacko I won't be doing anymore, at least not until my wife tells me to again.:D
You probably preserved the remaining stump by pouring the concrete over it. It'll never rot and probably is a nice solid foundation. I hope you had a bigger grinder than I used, otherwise you probably had a couple days job there. Sue's parents live next door and burn wood, so we didn't have far to haul the wood. Her and her dad have most of it split already. I got out of that, this time.